PDA

View Full Version : Raptor fueling station

chopeck
03-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Greetings to all, I have a 2006 raptor 3712. I just purchased so it is new to me. I has a fueling station which was likely used once and left with stagnant fuel which has in turn gummed up the generator. Another story for another day. What I was wondering is if there is a drain on the tank somewhere that is evading my not so eagle eye and does anyone have history with the fuel gauge not showing any readings? This too may be a victim of old fuel...

Thanks

PARAPTOR
03-30-2015, 08:48 AM
Greetings to all, I have a 2006 raptor 3712. I just purchased so it is new to me. I has a fueling station which was likely used once and left with stagnant fuel which has in turn gummed up the generator. Another story for another day. What I was wondering is if there is a drain on the tank somewhere that is evading my not so eagle eye and does anyone have history with the fuel gauge not showing any readings? This too may be a victim of old fuel...

Thanks

I am not aware of any tank drain for either the fuel station or the generator tank. Looks like your Raptor has a single tank shared my the fuel station and generator. There are posts out there that addressed the same if not similar issues such as generator will not start, fuel gauge does not register, etc. I suggest doing a search on fuel station, fuel gauge, generator. If I recall these posts referenced 2006 Raptors. Good Luck

notanlines
03-30-2015, 08:50 AM
I just went out and laid down under our two tanks. No obvious drain that I could see. Time to use your "Arkansas credit card." Shouldn't be too hard to siphon most out anyway.

PARAPTOR
03-30-2015, 09:04 AM
I just went out and laid down under our two tanks. No obvious drain that I could see. Time to use your "Arkansas credit card." Shouldn't be too hard to siphon most out anyway.

NOT sure if a siphon would get done any further that the fuel station pump suction ??

shmthaus
03-30-2015, 06:27 PM
If you can get it empty or at least low, use some Berryman's Chemtool in a fresh tank of gas. It will help un-gum the generator. It also helps break down any carbon buildup.

chopeck
03-31-2015, 04:32 AM
Thanks to all for the helpful info. A little cleaning and maintenance will hopefully do the trick.

Happy travels

socalhd
04-02-2015, 07:52 PM
In the coaches with combo Gen and fuel station tank. It is my understanding the fuel station will not go past 1/4 tank so as to leave a reserve for the gen

PARAPTOR
04-02-2015, 08:05 PM
I do not know the later Raptors have separate tanks. I sure hope it is designed that way. I think class A's share a single tank and the vehicle engine has priority over the on board generator. Should not be hard to test fill the shared tank at or a little over 1/4 tank and go to the pumping station and see if you can pump any out.

randy69
04-03-2015, 04:07 PM
The pump might needs a rebuild kit. Mine is stuck and what I have read about the kit Its just couple of parts. The impeller is made of a rubber product and in time has a tendency to swell up and not rotate. So no pumping and can blow a power fuse. Get the model number and check internet.

JRTJH
04-03-2015, 04:17 PM
The pump might needs a rebuild kit. Mine is stuck and what I have read about the kit Its just couple of parts. The impeller is made of a rubber product and in time has a tendency to swell up and not rotate. So no pumping and can blow a power fuse. Get the model number and check internet.

There are several threads on the forum from last year complete with information on part numbers of replacement pump gears, how to repair and/or replace as well as which models are affected and which have been problem free. A search will find most anything you need, right here in the "toyhauler" section.