PDA

View Full Version : Second battery for 2011 laredo 303tg

emax
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM
HI guys just wondering if any one has added a second battery too There 2011 Laredo 303tg with the new front cap. I asked the dealer to do it and they told me it was going to cost about a 100.00 USD so I told them to do it. The next day I got a call from them saying that there was no room to put it in under the new cap and to do it was going to cost another $200.00 from them to make a special bracket. I thought that was a little to much so I said forget it has anyone added a second battery if so what did you do and can you post pics: Thanks Eric :confused:

Bob Landry
03-04-2011, 07:05 AM
I have an idea, but... Can you post a photo of what you have. I havn't seen the Laredo, so wondering... Does the battery box sit in a channel behind the propane tanks?

emax
03-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I have an idea, but... Can you post a photo of what you have. I haven't seen the Laredo, so wondering... Does the battery box sit in a channel behind the propane tanks?

Hi Bob I have not picked the camper up yet so I Haven't seen where the battery is I hope to get it next mounth THanks.:confused:

jq1031
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi Emax.... My 297rl Laredo also has the new front cap, my dealer told me a 2nd battery would be tight. If you purchase a Generator, even a 1000kw, that should your problem.

Bob Landry
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
You could put asecond battery in the front pass-through and run the appropriate size cable through the floor of the pass-through to the original battery. Put it in a plastic battery box and secure it so it doesn't slide around and you have a second battery. I'm a little confused. If the existing battery is positioned lengthwise across the frame and does not interfere witht he front cap, how would a second battery interfere? The installations I have seen has the battery box secured in a rack/rail made by welding two pieces of angle iron.

emax
03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
You could put asecond battery in the front pass-through and run the appropriate size cable through the floor of the pass-through to the original battery. Put it in a plastic battery box and secure it so it doesn't slide around and you have a second battery. I'm a little confused. If the existing battery is positioned lengthwise across the frame and does not interfere witht he front cap, how would a second battery interfere? The installations I have seen has the battery box secured in a rack/rail made by welding two pieces of angle iron.

Hi Bob from what the dealer is telling me is that there is not enough room to put it side by side but you can put one on top of the other by making a special bracket that's why they wanted $ 200.00 more.