PDA

View Full Version : Decals cracking and front cap oxidizing on 2012 Montana High Country

outrider
03-26-2015, 09:12 PM
I have had my RV for two years in July. We have traveled from Maine to Texas twice. The front cap has totally oxidized and the decals on the side of the cap are cracking and the top decals displaying "Montana" are loosing their color. I think I read somewhere that the caps may be replaced by applying new Gel Coats at no charge. Is this correct?:banghead:

J&A
03-27-2015, 03:35 AM
I have had my RV for two years in July. We have traveled from Maine to Texas twice. The front cap has totally oxidized and the decals on the side of the cap are cracking and the top decals displaying "Montana" are loosing their color. I think I read somewhere that the caps may be replaced by applying new Gel Coats at no charge. Is this correct?:banghead:

Hello Paul,

The fading cap problem is corrected by painting it with an automobile-grade paint and then applying a clear coat finish. I had mine done under warranty about a year ago at my dealer's shop, including the prepping and replacement of all decals. Most successful claims with Keystone have been under warranty and through the original dealer where the owners bought their unit from.

Enter "fading cap" in the search box and you'll find several threads from fellow owners like yourself who went through the claim process after one year of ownership. Look at my threads too, which include photos.

I see you're just up the road from us. Actually, we're heading our to Cedar Breaks Park on Lake Georgetown this afternoon. We'll be there all weekend in case you want to stop by to see the great job they did on our front cap and talk more about the process from start to finish. I'll send you my contact information and campsite information over PM.

Thank you for your service!

sourdough
03-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Mine was repainted and the decals replaced but it still had 2 months warranty. I have read, I believe in the forum, of some who have had the work done by warranty after the warranty period had expired. You might either try going thru the selling dealer or contact Keystone customer relations directly. My dealer told me up front, before contacting Keystone, that mine would be repainted because Keystone had a bad problem with the fading, was aware of it and would approve it. Good luck.

BSHGTO
04-18-2015, 05:22 AM
Had the same problem ( in warranty ) dealer repainted with decals looks good now.