PDA

View Full Version : New England camping with sea view?

RFM
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Hi to all,
We are looking for a nice campground in the New England states, that has view on the see, as per example, do any have suggestions?

gregrc75
03-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Hello again!
Libby's in Maine

http://http://www.libbysoceancamping.com

GaryWT
03-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Camp Eaton near Libby's, Salisbury State Park and Scussett in MA, Bar Harbor KOA and I think there is one around Camden or Boothbay.

heatkits
03-27-2015, 01:23 PM
I found this little known CG in Thomaston ME. called the "Lobster Buoy Campsites". I booked for 3 night there last fall. When I drove into the yard I was a little taken back by the general seediness of the place and all the rundown campers, then had to go into the back room of the keeper's house to register.

A short drive down a winding path to find my assigned site. There it was, right on the water's edge with lush green lawn and was big enough to park 4 campers in it. Water and power, no sewer, but that was okay, all for $25/night. We had a campfire every night right on the edge of the water (I don't usually do fires).

If you want a real taste of Downeast Maine, you got to check this place out. Due to the fun factor of this place and the area, I'd rate it as the best trip of the year for me (we did 14 trips last year)

BTW: There are three of Maine's best lighthouses right there in the area. Rockland Breakwater, Owl's Head and Marshal Point. A little further down the coast is Pemaquid Point Light, about a hour away.

RFM
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
:)I found this little known CG in Thomaston ME. called the "Lobster Buoy Campsites". I booked for 3 night there last fall. When I drove into the yard I was a little taken back by the general seediness of the place and all the rundown campers, then had to go into the back room of the keeper's house to register.

A short drive down a winding path to find my assigned site. There it was, right on the water's edge with lush green lawn and was big enough to park 4 campers in it. Water and power, no sewer, but that was okay, all for $25/night. We had a campfire every night right on the edge of the water (I don't usually do fires).

If you want a real taste of Downeast Maine, you got to check this place out. Due to the fun factor of this place and the area, I'd rate it as the best trip of the year for me (we did 14 trips last year)

BTW: There are three of Maine's best lighthouses right there in the area. Rockland Breakwater, Owl's Head and Marshal Point. A little further down the coast is Pemaquid Point Light, about a hour away.

Wow great th, that is exacly what I was looking for, do you have any photos?

heatkits
03-27-2015, 05:17 PM
The problem is posting them, I'll try tomorrow.

BirchyBoy
03-27-2015, 05:49 PM
I found this little known CG in Thomaston ME. called the "Lobster Buoy Campsites". I booked for 3 night there last fall. When I drove into the yard I was a little taken back by the general seediness of the place and all the rundown campers, then had to go into the back room of the keeper's house to register.

That isn't technically Downeast Maine, but we'll let that slide :)

We stayed in Scarborough, ME last May in a campground called Wassamki Springs. Not on the coast, but a short ride from the ocean and it has good, clean facilities.

heatkits
03-29-2015, 07:15 AM
That isn't technically Downeast Maine, but we'll let that slide :)

But then, what do I know? I just live here...

"In New England, the term Down East is applied in several different ways. In the narrowest sense, Down East refers to the coast of the U.S. state of Maine from Penobscot Bay to the Canadian border, but it is sometimes used as a loose term for the entire eastern portion of the state."

Do you know where South Thomaston, ME is? I can throw a rock from our campsite into Penobscot Bay and I have a bad arm. Just saying...

WBA
03-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Narrows Too CG in Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park area in Maine.
Fantastic sites on the water. Tough to get, need to book early.