PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Connecticut

Pull Toy
03-26-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm new to the board, but not to camping. After sleeping under the stars with the Boy Scouts, I graduated to a Coleman 2 man tent that smelled like kerosene and bee's wax. (remember those days?) My first "Rigid" was a 1970 Huntsman 11' P.U. Camper on a 1972 F250 Camper Special.

Since then, we have climbed in and out of a bunch of campers. The biggest was a 1978 Spacecraft 5th with two opposing slides. It was a "Cab Over" model. It stretched 39' pin to taillights, as normal, but then, continued up and over the truck cab like the old fashioned local moving trucks used to do. It measured 48' overall from ICC Amber Lights to Taillights, and still came in at 16,000 gross. For those days that was an engineering marvel! Our smallest was a StarCraft Space-Shuttle (18' Toy Hauler).

Our current 5th (AND LAST!!!), is an Alpine 3535RE, which will eventually become our retirement "package". Think Snowbird!

Any questions about Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun, or local Southeastern CT attractions will be promptly answered. Also ask us about "Normandy Farms Camping Resort" Foxboro, MA. our local escape clause!

JimQ
03-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Welcome Steve and Jan! Love camping in Ct. as it's an easy drive down 395 from Massachusetts! Can't wait till the snow melts and we get going!! Jim:)

PARAPTOR
03-26-2015, 03:10 PM
:wlcm: to the Forum From Western PA.

Sounds you have had a lot of different rigs and equal amount of experiences good and bad , look forward to your contributions to the forum. ENJOY "bouncey:

Be Safe and Happy Camping

summerhummer
03-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Hello Steve and Jan welcome to the forum. Say good bye to at least 30 mins of your day as you will be compelled to check keystone forums and read what's going on here... At least I am. I love your truck. I have the same vintage 2500 suburban..

GmaPaTime
03-26-2015, 05:57 PM
:wlcm: from Virginia and a former neighber from across the LI Sound. :)

sourdough
03-27-2015, 08:37 AM
:wlcm: to the forum and congrats on the new trailer.

JohnD
03-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Welcome from down the road in R.I. Our maiden voyage with the new 5er in a couple of weeks at our favorite Normandy.