PDA

View Full Version : Outside Shower

orvlin
03-23-2015, 01:08 PM
I have a new 2014 cougar 327 res,there's a coiled up hose i take it that must be for the outside shower but it doesn't fit and where is the shower head, all the money you spend for these and there to cheap to include a shower head?Have had a few workmen ship issues but do like this 5th wheel.

JRTJH
03-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Have you talked to your dealer about the missing components?

chuckster57
03-23-2015, 02:08 PM
If you have a coiled blue hose with a quick disconnect, the end will have a trigger nozzle not a shower head.

murphysranch
03-23-2015, 02:27 PM
We use ours for washing off little feet - not for real showering...."bouncey:

PARAPTOR
03-23-2015, 02:53 PM
If you have a coiled blue hose with a quick disconnect, the end will have a trigger nozzle not a shower head.

X2 this is it :eek: The same shower head you use to shower the lawn and Flowers :banghead:

14george
03-23-2015, 03:11 PM
X3 I got the same

Harleyhop
03-23-2015, 03:23 PM
If it has a quick connect on one end and garden hose end on the other than it is made for a hose nozzle.

Campy
03-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Yep only a coiled hose and you add your own end of choice. By the way, it's only useful at the beach......:D and wait till the quick connect gets stuck, that's fun. Mine had a small tag hanging on it to tell you how to "un stick" it.

mamawildbear
03-24-2015, 11:46 AM
I think you're better off with your coiled up hose. Ours included a shower head that is so cheap it is next to useless. We'll be replacing it anyway. We already replaced the main inside shower head. The inside shower was so short and the water trickled out and did not spray. We replaced it with an rv showerhead I found on amazon and I'm much happier. Same thing might be true for your outdoor shower. I saw a nice video online where they installed a holder on the outside wall of the camper outside of the shower box holder so it would point at the right angle and be at a useful height. I thought that was pretty cool.

Pmedic4
03-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I looked at using an regular shower head, and after buying one to fit the hose, found it much easier, and convenient to use one of the multiple pattern hose nozzles. Showers, not really, but great for rising out buckets and plastic pans, and sandy feet.

GPG52
03-25-2015, 07:00 PM
Like Pmedic4 I use ours with a better quality garden nozzle...rinse sewage hose, clean wheel chocks etc.
We also found that it works great to simply connect to the the black water tank port for rinsing purposes.
GPG

Kristi
03-27-2015, 07:22 PM
X2 on using it to rinse feet, chocks, etc. not really practical for a shower. Just don't forget to winterized it.

Sent from my iPad

Scttw
03-28-2015, 06:07 AM
On my trailer it doubles as the way to connect into the Black flush tank. It screws into the input.

hankaye
03-28-2015, 08:51 AM
GPG52, & Scttw, Howdy;

Like Pmedic4 I use ours with a better quality garden nozzle...rinse sewage hose, clean wheel chocks etc.
We also found that it works great to simply connect to the the black water tank port for rinsing purposes.
GPG

On my trailer it doubles as the way to connect into the Black flush tank. It screws into the input.

Why are you taking the chance of contaminating your freshwater system
by connecting to the black tank flush system? With the track record of the
"Back-flow preventer" that Keystone installs that would be the last
thing I'd choose to do ... Something I'd seriously reconsider were I in
y'all's flip-flops ...

hankaye

orvlin
03-28-2015, 12:30 PM
My coiled up hose will not go into my outside shower fitting have tried everything.Unless there's some magic trick.

chuckster57
03-28-2015, 01:04 PM
My coiled up hose will not go into my outside shower fitting have tried everything.Unless there's some magic trick.

It is a quick connect fitting, like an air ine. You have to push the outer collar back while you push the connector in. I have seen them stick, turn the water off and relieve the pressure. Then try pushing the inner ring in with a screwdriver, that might free it up.

orvlin
03-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Haven't tried with no pressure,other wise it won't go in.

PerryB
03-31-2015, 05:28 AM
I'm not very happy with the quick connects that came installed on my trailer (I have 2). You have to twist and push back on the outer collar while pushing the hose in, and then hold the hose in while pulling the outer collar back into the locked position otherwise the hose will pop out when pressure is applied. I've disassembled my couplers and cleaned /lubed them but they get stiff again before very long because the release balls become rusty, and you don't see this unless you take it apart - it looks perfect from the outside.