PDA

View Full Version : SubForum specifically for cooking?

mamawildbear
03-23-2015, 10:11 AM
It seems like a sub forum specifically for camp cooking & recipes might be nice. Right now that seems to fit into odds & ends but a dedicated forum might be nice. We travel in packs so I'm always looking for ideas to serve 20-30 people. Any thoughts on that from the people that run this show?

Festus2
03-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Some time ago, I think we did have a dedicated sub forum for recipes and camp cooking but it didn't materialize as expected so it was dropped. Perhaps one of the reasons is that there is already an abundance of cooking sites with all sorts of recipes for campground cooking on the internet.

There just doesn't seem to be sufficient interest in the membership to make it a viable addition. If it turns out that there is enough interest amongst the members then it may be reconsidered.

dhn
03-23-2015, 10:41 AM
mamawildbear, if you click on the Community tab at the top of the page and then click on Social Groups, there is a cooking group there. Does not get as much traffic as in the main part of the forum.

mamawildbear
03-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Oh no wonder it doesn't get much traffic. I would have never found it. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure it will be much fun if no one goes there though.

KanTC
03-23-2015, 10:46 AM
mamawildbear,

There's a cooking section in the social groups... although it isn't as active as you might like.

Blue bar near top of page, click on "Community", then "Social Groups", then locate "Kamp Kitchen".

http://keystonerv.org/forums/group.php?do=grouplist

"Kamp Kitchen"
http://keystonerv.org/forums/group.php?groupid=17

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Festus2
03-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Oh no wonder it doesn't get much traffic. I would have never found it. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure it will be much fun if no one goes there though.

mamawildbear -
Unfortunately, it is difficult to "encourage" members to use some or all of the features of the forum - including the Community section. They are there if members want to take the time and effort to explore what these links are all about and when they find something that interests them, to "join up" and get involved and encourage others to participate.

In addition to the Kamp Kitchen group, there are a number of other "social groups" that are designed for owners of specific models of TT and 5th wheels.
Again, if you are interested in "chatting" with other members who have the same RV as you do and want to exchange ideas and information, I would suggest going to Community Links and have a look to see if there is something of interest there for you.

I would suggest that you consider joining the Kamp Kitchen social group and perhaps try to "light a fire" and get it cooking again.