PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Savannah campgrounds

gearhead
03-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Do y'all have recommendations for campgrounds at Charleston and Savannah?
I'm thinking James Island at Charleston but need ideas for Savannah.

Wantoride
03-21-2015, 12:04 AM
We are staying at skidaway state park. We,ve never been there but everyone I've talked to says it's nice. Pictures on the website look good. Good luck, if your going anytime soon, spots are getting slim. In charleston we are staying at James island. We've never been there before either. I'll get back in a few weeks and give an update

Hansel
03-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Me and dear wifey stayed at Skidaway state park and it was nice, they have upgraded some of the site's too full hook up, and cable tv. It also was about a 10-15 minute drive too the historic area's of Savannah.

I actually have a pic of our camper there,

Wantoride
03-28-2015, 03:35 AM
Skidaway is a nice park. The cable is spotty in the campground but all the sites have water and electric. The dump station is easy to use and the bathhouses are rather new and very clean. We altered our plans from staying in Wade n.carolina the first day of travel and drove straight to hunting island state park in s. Carolina. It was right on the ocean, pretty view, very dense palm grove. The campground itself was o.k. Not the best we've been in, but o.k., it was a little tight as far as room and maneuverability. I don't know how some of the larger trailers and 5th wheels navigated it.glad it wasn't me. James island is next.

sbaker
03-28-2015, 07:21 AM
I go to Savannah at least 4 times a year and always stay at Skidaway Island State Park.

sbaker
03-28-2015, 07:28 AM
If you're military check out Lotts Island CG on Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah.
Stayed at the KOA on the NE side of Charlseton... pretty nice and quiet. Mount Pleasant/Charlseton KOA.

gearhead
03-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Thanks folks...