PDA

View Full Version : Puck light glass covers

PARAPTOR
03-19-2015, 05:28 PM
For you members that have these PUCK glass lenses lights, is there an easy to get these glass covers off so the bulbs can be changed. I have taken some off but never the same way: some I have been able to turn and get a finger or two between the glass and the ceiling and pull down, some almost had to hang from the ceiling before they came loose, and then the most recent would not turn nor could I get my fingers under the glass. :eek: The only way I got it off was to get wood shims between the glass and ceiling and tap gently and eventually pry them loose.

Knowing that I eventually want to change all bulbs to LED I will have to face this problem about fifteen more times. There has to be another way :banghead:

raineman
03-21-2015, 07:30 AM
Great question. I was wondering the same.

PARAPTOR
03-21-2015, 07:44 AM
Hopefully we get a suggestion, not attempting to take another lens off without a LED replacement bulb in hand :D so I never have to do this again :banghead: This is ridiculously hard if I recall last one I had to use 4 shim wedges to get it pried off.

Has to be an easier way!!

sw342
03-21-2015, 11:41 AM
What works easy for me is to use a regular table knife and put it between the metal housing and the glass lens. pry down a bit, move knife to another spot, pry a bit and it just pops off. The reason for the knife is that is what I had within easy reach in the trailer. Anything thin and sturdy to fit between the lens and the housing will work.

notanlines
03-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Keep in mind that when you put it back, just a touch of 3 in 1 or Vaseline on the three connector areas will help in a couple of years.

PARAPTOR
03-21-2015, 06:55 PM
sw342, notanlines, Thanks(tx) may get to practice soon. now that the weather is getting somewhat better (no snow, well at least no accumulation) went into the RAPTOR and noticed had a couple lights out, YEAP PUCK lights. I have no extra LED lights, have a few different in the ceiling (cool and warm) but have not made up my mind somewhat favoring the cool white. Nor have I found a place to get them at a good price. Any suggestions?? I would want the disk non polarity ones. If you guys have already installed some what was the wattage/lumens used. AGAIN THANKS(tx)