PDA

View Full Version : Rear door ramp

joestaz
03-18-2015, 04:57 AM
Having a problem with the door ramp on my 2010 Fuzion Touring Edition II. Seems water is getting in from the top of the door (ramp) when it rains. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to raise the door so the seal seals better?

PARAPTOR
03-18-2015, 06:11 AM
You used the term "SEEMS" I assume you have checked the rubber seal around the ramp when it is open? The ramp opening on the rig itself for obstructions? Should be able to use like a piece of paper and go all around the ramp from the outside opening and closing the ramp with the paper in the seal to check the tightness of the seal around the ramp. Do you have an awning on the rear? Sorry do not know if that ramp can be easily adjusted.

spicercars
03-18-2015, 04:48 PM
As far as I know the rear door is not adjustable. Check the weather strip is in good shape. I put a rain gutter above the rear door on my raptor and that worked great. No water problems. Good luck to you.

joestaz
03-19-2015, 08:02 AM
I think I might have found the problem. The rear security lights or ramp lights above the door might have been the issue. Water accumulated in the light and because of the large hole for the power behind the fixture might have caused water to penetrate the garage. I removed the glass cleaned the old caulking reinstalled the glass and re-caulked. Hope this takes care of that leak. Also had an A/C minor leak. Could not find any problems on the roof so checked inside. There I found the 4 mounting bolts that hold the unit on the roof and to the ceiling were loose possibly causing a loose fit and allowing water to get in. Will check both with a hose in the next day or so.

Locowrench
03-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Another issue that Ive found is that the adjustment on the closure handles gets tightened to the point that it bows the door causing it to pull away at the top. In this case tighter is not always better. I could stand to the side and eyeball up the side of the door and see it. I had a difficult time convincing the dealer that it was too tight so when I got it home I loosened it up and all was well.