PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage!!!

jeff_1967
03-17-2015, 06:52 AM
We will be taking our maiden voyage in our Premier 22RB this Friday!!! This is our first trip in our first TT so I am sure the neighbors will enjoy the comedy show that is coming their way.

We are staying very close to home on this one because I think I can remember everything and I also know that is never the case. However, the DW is very organized and has already made her lists and will pick up my slack as usual.

The DW is SUPER excited as am I but for some reason a touch nervous. I've practiced backing and such but never with an audience :eek: Regardless we are planning on having a great first weekend. There is a chance of rain one day but that is ok, I will get some NCAA tournament games in.

I will try and post a couple of pictures and share my typical newbie mistakes. I can laugh at myself more now than when I was younger :D

chuckster57
03-17-2015, 07:03 AM
Have a great time!! Even us seasoned campers have given a "show" to the campground if it's been a while since we've backed in, so just relax and smile.

One day of rain will let you know if you have any seal issues (hope not).

DW and I still get excited at the thought of camping even after 17 years together.

PARAPTOR
03-17-2015, 07:34 AM
Just remember, when you pull in and get setup you get to join the observers to watch the next camper coming in (tx)

GaryWT
03-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Have fun and remember it is not a race, take your time.

Iresqu
03-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Have fun and remember it is not a race, take your time.

Just to elaborate a little to what GaryWT said....take your time even if it means blocking the road for a few min. Other campers coming in behind you I'm sure will understand, put their TV in park, and watch the show! ;) Have a great time!

jeff_1967
03-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks everyone!! If I can put on a good show then maybe it will take the limelight off of someone else for a few minutes. I know it is all in fun and we look forward to meeting great people at the CG's just like I have met here.

sourdough
03-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Have a great time! Hopefully it's the beginning of a great period in your life enjoying camping with the new trailer. Remember what everyone has said; take your time. Don't let nervousness, frustration etc. ruin your time. Others can wait while you maneuver your rig into place - they don't have anywhere to be that is that important:)

Maybe you will have a pull thru and it's a piece of cake. If it's a back in just stop, get out. look over everything noting trees, curbs, poles etc. and get in your mind what you want to do. I don't remember if you said if you were married but if so have the wife help you. Make sure you both talk about and agree on what signal means what. The first time I tried backing with my wife's help I had no idea what she was trying to tell me but interpreted it with what I thought anyway. It WAS a hilarious moment for bystanders...not so much for me.

Kick back, sit by the fire or the smoker, absorb the peace that being outside gives you. Let us know how it went and good luck!

jeff_1967
03-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Thanks sourdough!

The wife and I communicating may be the highlight of the show lol. We refuse to have anything less than a good time. Can't wait to report back and share some stories.

chuckster57
03-17-2015, 07:41 PM
Funny, my wife knows to sit BACK in the seat so I can see the mirrors and keep the cats in their carriers so I can open my door and look and Only Yell if I am going to hit something ! LOL.

Works for us....haven't hit anything yet, or lost an animal.

jeff_1967
03-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Funny, my wife knows to sit BACK in the seat so I can see the mirrors and keep the cats in their carriers so I can open my door and look and Only Yell if I am going to hit something ! LOL.

Works for us....haven't hit anything yet, or lost an animal.

We will have our two dogs with us. One is a 6 month old cocker spaniel that refuses to sit still. Should add to the comedy show lol.

Ken / Claudia
03-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Enjoy your trip, wish I was going somewhere this week.

jeff_1967
03-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Enjoy your trip, wish I was going somewhere this week.

Thanks Ken / Claudia!!

The forecast has changed from a chance of rain one day to full sunny days and 80 degree temps. Maybe mother nature is looking down on me and showing me a little mercy.

Ken / Claudia
03-18-2015, 03:03 PM
I had posted mainly because we were going camping on the 18th and 19th but, had heavy rain over the weekend and we walk/run the dog in the dog area which will have mud and muddy creek water. So, here we sit at home. For some reason the lab needs to go in water and mud when he sees it, great when hunting , not so great in the trailer. Enjoy your trip.

jeff_1967
03-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Luckily our sandy soil soaks up the water pretty quick.

koko
03-21-2015, 09:11 AM
May sound really dorky, but we have walkie talkies. We don't use them much, but there have been a few times when they came in handy.

jeff_1967
03-21-2015, 07:23 PM
I was asked to not post a bunch of pictures so I'll stick with one. We are addicted! Everything has gone very smooth and we could not be more happy with our 22rbpr!

I've taken much advice from here and used it! Thanks so much everyone!

jeff_1967
03-21-2015, 07:24 PM
May sound really dorky, but we have walkie talkies. We don't use them much, but there have been a few times when they came in handy.

We are getting some. Can see where they will come in handy.

JRTJH
03-21-2015, 07:50 PM
I was asked to not post a bunch of pictures so I'll stick with one. We are addicted! Everything has gone very smooth and we could not be more happy with our 22rbpr!

I've taken much advice from here and used it! Thanks so much everyone!

It looks like all your worries about being the campground entertainment must have fizzled out.... That is a pretty big and wide open camping site. I'm sure you'll enjoy the weekend there. Have fun !!!

jeff_1967
03-22-2015, 04:42 AM
It looks like all your worries about being the campground entertainment must have fizzled out.... That is a pretty big and wide open camping site. I'm sure you'll enjoy the weekend there. Have fun !!!

John,

Yes these sites are good size. They didn't have any full hookups available so I get to utilize the dump station tomorrow. I'm not too worried about that either.
I did my backing in as if it was a tight spot just to get practice and that went much better than expected.

We haven't left yet and already planning our next weekend in two weeks!

koko
03-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Really glad everything has gone well and that you don't have to wait too long to do it again!

jeff_1967
03-23-2015, 09:33 AM
We are home from our Maiden Voyage! We couldn't be any more pleased and really feel our choice of TT was spot on! We even had to tear down in the rain but that in no way spoiled the weekend. All went well except I did forget to put the sewer cap back on but luckily it made the short trip back home.

I can't say enough how helpful this forum has been. It has saved me from making some expensive mistakes I'm sure.

I know I have so much more to learn but I want to be as helpful to others as some of you have been to me.

mamawildbear
03-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Wow! Beautiful campground and so spacious!

jeff_1967
03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Wow! Beautiful campground and so spacious!

Yes it is a very beautiful campground. The sites without full hookups are a bit bigger. We were lucky to find a site period around here. It's very close to home so a great spot to just get out of the house and meet good people.

Pull Toy
04-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the "It's Showtime" club!

Just remember "If in doubt straighten it out." Once it gets jack-knifed, it won't get any better by itself in reverse. As an example... How many times does an 18 wheeler pull forward and try again.

You'll do fine, and I like your attitude! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!

p.s If need be, they might have a pull through with a free upgrade... just to free up the roadway. LOL

jeff_1967
04-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the "It's Showtime" club!

Just remember "If in doubt straighten it out." Once it gets jack-knifed, it won't get any better by itself in reverse. As an example... How many times does an 18 wheeler pull forward and try again.

You'll do fine, and I like your attitude! ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!

p.s If need be, they might have a pull through with a free upgrade... just to free up the roadway. LOL

Pull Toy,

Actually the backing hasn't been bad at all. Now we have only been camping twice and the second time they only had a pull through which didn't bother me any. The 25" TT backs much easier than the small 6'-8' motorcycle trailers I have backed in the past.

We have been out twice and it has rained both times but that hasn't made it any less fun. Sure we all like sunshine and warm temps but it's not bad listening to the rain hit the roof at nights either.

koko
04-08-2015, 09:18 AM
We love it when it rains - very soothing, especially for sleeping. I'm not talking excessive rain, though!

jeff_1967
04-08-2015, 06:00 PM
We got over 2 1/2" in a short amount of time last weekend. At least we know we don't have any leaks lol