PDA

View Full Version : 15' 333MKS Maiden Voyage

Tim-Rhonda
03-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Took the "Villa" out this last weekend for it's maiden voyage. Wow what a difference going from a TT to a 5er. Very nice, auto level up is the best thing since sliced bread. Especially when leaving yesterday and I pushed the left & right buttons and rear jacks retracted and front jacks extended up to the unhitching height. Man that is just so slick. The jury is still out on the matress, gonna need to think about it. I was perplexed at why they would put one valve on the water heater instead of 3. If it works for winterizing then thats fine by me. We had a lot of visitors so I really wasn't able to investigate a lot of stuff. Used hollow door hangers and installed a towel ring in the bathroom. Found a toilet paper door hanger at Wally World that works great since there is no room in the bathroom for a toilet paper hanger. The shower is nice, we get the cold water stream when hitting the button on the Oxygentics shower head. No big deal. Was also wondering why the fridge didn't have a thermostat, found the slide inside it where you can adjust. These are just little issues, the bigger bigger picture is this thing is awesome. I did have a question about the black tank. Our TT did not have a flush, so I always used the Valtera clear flush with the gate valve. When I finished emptying and flushing I always put a gallon of water in with the chemical (liquid) and never had issues. What are you all doing with tank flush if its running clear? Do you still put in a gallon or two of water for sloshing? Also can anyone tell me what the galley grey tank capacity is? Thanks

GaryWT
03-16-2015, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a good time, congrats.

The one knob on the hot water tank works fine, newer design and it works fine. As for the black tank, whether I flush it out or not, I always add water and chemicals to it befor closing up shop for the weekend. That way you are set to go on the next trip and do not have to add water before you start using the toilet.

Tim-Rhonda
03-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a good time, congrats.

The one knob on the hot water tank works fine, newer design and it works fine. As for the black tank, whether I flush it out or not, I always add water and chemicals to it befor closing up shop for the weekend. That way you are set to go on the next trip and do not have to add water before you start using the toilet.

Okay, thats what they told us during our TT PDI. Thanks.

therink
03-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Congrats on the trailer. I like that floorplan.
as far as the black tank flush goes this is what I do and I never have odors.
1) only dump when tank is at least half full. If it isn't, I ad water before I dump
2) after dumping I flush with valve closed for about 3 minutes (do not get distracted here), then dump and repeat process again.
3) I then flush with valve open until water is clear.
4) I then close valve and continue flushing for a couple minutes to add about 5 gals water to tank.
5) I add a cup of arm and hammer washing soda to the tank via the toilet with some water.
5) tank is now ready for next trip

I don't believe in expensive potty chemicals. All that is needed is detergent to break down grease neutralize llow pH and provide a deodorizing agent. This works for me.
BTW if there is a line at a dumping station, I may skip a step to avoid dirty looks.

Javi
03-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Both grey tanks are 38 gallons..

Tim-Rhonda
03-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Congrats on the trailer. I like that floorplan.
as far as the black tank flush goes this is what I do and I never have odors.
1) only dump when tank is at least half full. If it isn't, I ad water before I dump
2) after dumping I flush with valve closed for about 3 minutes (do not get distracted here), then dump and repeat process again.
3) I then flush with valve open until water is clear.
4) I then close valve and continue flushing for a couple minutes to add about 5 gals water to tank.
5) I add a cup of arm and hammer washing soda to the tank via the toilet with some water.
5) tank is now ready for next trip

I don't believe in expensive potty chemicals. All that is needed is detergent to break down grease neutralize llow pH and provide a deodorizing agent. This works for me.
BTW if there is a line at a dumping station, I may skip a step to avoid dirty looks.

I appreciate the tips, thank you.

Tim-Rhonda
03-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Both grey tanks are 38 gallons..

Thank you. I wasn't 100% sure. Congrats on the new TV I see in your signature. Must make a big difference.

JeffS
03-19-2015, 07:18 PM
We mounted the TP holder on the back side of the left Vanity door on our 333MKS. Right height, easy to reach and out of the way.

Vet4jdc
03-21-2015, 03:56 AM
Congrats on the new fiver. Sounds like a pretty uneventful first time out. Keep smiling! :)

jjames1942
03-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Took the "Villa" out this last weekend for it's maiden voyage. Wow what a difference going from a TT to a 5er. Very nice, auto level up is the best thing since sliced bread. Especially when leaving yesterday and I pushed the left & right buttons and rear jacks retracted and front jacks extended up to the unhitching height. Man that is just so slick. The jury is still out on the matress, gonna need to think about it. I was perplexed at why they would put one valve on the water heater instead of 3. If it works for winterizing then thats fine by me. We had a lot of visitors so I really wasn't able to investigate a lot of stuff. Used hollow door hangers and installed a towel ring in the bathroom. Found a toilet paper door hanger at Wally World that works great since there is no room in the bathroom for a toilet paper hanger. The shower is nice, we get the cold water stream when hitting the button on the Oxygentics shower head. No big deal. Was also wondering why the fridge didn't have a thermostat, found the slide inside it where you can adjust. These are just little issues, the bigger bigger picture is this thing is awesome. I did have a question about the black tank. Our TT did not have a flush, so I always used the Valtera clear flush with the gate valve. When I finished emptying and flushing I always put a gallon of water in with the chemical (liquid) and never had issues. What are you all doing with tank flush if its running clear? Do you still put in a gallon or two of water for sloshing? Also can anyone tell me what the galley grey tank capacity is? Thanks

We are picking up our new 333 this coming Saturday and the wife would like to know where you hung the holder?

C1v1leng
03-22-2015, 07:15 AM
We didn't pull the trigger on a permanent mount. Just keeping it inside the vanity on the shelf. That way the DW won't have me move the location repeatedly. I posted this link for a remote light switch you might want to add. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20581

Tim-Rhonda
03-22-2015, 04:17 PM
We are picking up our new 333 this coming Saturday and the wife would like to know where you hung the holder?

I was in Wally world looking at a towel ring and found a vertical toilet paper hanger that hangs over the edge of the door. So I decided to try and the DW loves it. There is no room on wall and I wasn't sure about screwing into the door panel. It works fine and comes off for traveling and goes into a basket.

Flicdog
03-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Ditto on the holder. I was looking at the inside of the vanity door as mentioned above, did you mount it to a spacer to keep the screws from going all the way through the door?

Flicdog
03-24-2015, 05:00 PM
8127Our maiden trip last month

Tim-Rhonda
03-25-2015, 08:42 AM
8127Our maiden trip last month

Nice looking rig!! No the toilet paper roll hanger I got hands over the door, its vertical, works really well. Not mounted to anything.

Kristi
03-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Congrats! Our 313rli is almost the same floorplan, just reversed. Hope you have a great camping season!

Sent from my iPad

rbev2308
03-28-2015, 02:31 AM
Congrats on the new 5Er...safe travels!!!