PDA

View Full Version : BAL Stabilizers

nbswar
03-15-2015, 07:42 AM
I added a set to my landing gear this weekend. What a difference this has made. Virtually zero movement up front. Now I think I'll add a set in the back for the bunkhouse. Highly recommend if you're looking to lessen the rocking.

Brantlaker
03-15-2015, 09:02 AM
I put they them on my 5er and they work great. I also put a set of stabilizers in front of the wheels now it is steady as a rock no side to side or bounce from the wheels.

therink
03-15-2015, 11:11 AM
I also installed a pair on the front and rear on my rig. Definitely major improvement.

ImTravis
03-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Are thry hard to install, or should I just have them installed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

therink
03-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Are thry hard to install, or should I just have them installed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you got to the BAL website, you should be able to view the install directions and then you can decide yourself. I was able to install mine in about one hour. All I needed was a drill, measuring tape, hacksaw, wrench/socket set and second person to help. It is pretty basic.

nbswar
03-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Was an easy install. It only took about an hour to mount all four on the front.

Texascoastalfish
04-08-2015, 05:30 AM
I have a2015 Cougar 327RES. I was about to order these from Amazon but I started reading about some Cougar owners that there is not a suitable frame to mount them to on the front landing gear and they had to weld a crossmember. Trialer is 30 miles away stored right now so I can go checkit it out till this weekend, but in the meantime

Any Cougar 327RES owners out there that have installed Stabilzers ?
Did you have to weld a brace in there ?
Any reply are greately appreciated !

Dave E.

trueweb
04-08-2015, 06:01 AM
I put them on the front of my 5th wheel and they eliminated side to side motion in the front. I'd like to put them laterally too.

If you installed them how did you handle obstacles like the generator exhaust and flexible propane hoses for the arms that need to run front to back?

therink
04-08-2015, 08:31 AM
On my trailer, I didn't have to relocate any propane lines.

hankpage
04-08-2015, 08:53 AM
On my Cougar they are screwed into the sheet-metal floor in the front storage compartment. It worked ,but not very sturdy, so I used a small piece of flat stock inside the compartment and screwed through both layers and it is solid as a rock. There is enough space on the frame rail and the bracket is narrow enough to place next to the LP pipe without any problems on the fore and aft stabilizers. Now if I can only figure how to install them on the rear there would be no movement at all. (The slide-out bike rack is in the way) They do work, you will not be disappointed, Hank

monica4patience
04-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Are they worth the expense?

We are on a seasonal lot, so not traveling. Our middle son weighs over 200 pounds and is rather clumsy. When he moves about the trailer it really rocks and rolls, especially noticeable when he gets up at night!

Would cement blocks achieve the same result with less expense?