PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Keyless entry

rbev2308
03-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Just purchased a new 2014 3535RE. Brochure on dealers website states unit has keyless entry however no keypad exists. So I chalked it up to erroneous data on the dealers webpage. However, I had some issues with the dealer so I am not relying on them...I pull the thing back to my parents only to find their Alpine has keyless entry without a keypad via the use of a Key Fob like you have for your vehicles. Any Alpine owners out there with 14's or newer with this type of setup. I contacted Keystone and they told me they were not sure which is rather reassuring. In looking at my parents and mine, they look the same on the backside so obviously some sort of transmitter inside the mechanism to engage the lock. Personally, I don't like it. would rather turn the key to know for sure it was locked!!!

Road-King
03-11-2015, 10:39 AM
As far as I know, ours does not have a keyless entry system. We have no key pad and received no fob's with the RV. I have not removed the locks to see if any electrical mechanisms were attached.

Most of our remotes and warranty paperwork were missing. After we insisted on getting these items, the dealer had to steal them from another Alpine on the lot.

howard
03-11-2015, 01:14 PM
The dealer could never find the key fobs, so I bought one for about $100. You may want to call Keystone Customer Service again and ask them to send you a PDF of the directions. I don't have it in front of me but it may be 25 pages long!

The sending unit in mine is in the coach entry door. You have to take the trim ring off the window (from the inside of the door) and it is at the 6 o'clock position and you can lift it out with your fingers. It maybe slightly hidden by the fiberglass inside the door. The the "book" of directions is a must have.

Pull Toy
04-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Good old Alpine Customer Service! Had the same problem with conflicting speck's . The factory and dealer didn't have a clue about wha keyless entry I had. We even got the wrong manual!

Our (2013) 3535RE came with a keypad built into the lock itself, not a separate "strip and wireless remote". If you're still under warrantee, make it their problem including the key fobs, if that is your system.

Our best source of info was:

http://www.bauerproducts.com/bauernemanual.php

Good Luck!