PDA

View Full Version : 6 Point Leveling System While stored

sbaker
03-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Opinions on having the 6 point Leveling jacks extended (supporting weight) while stored/parked for long periods as opposed to just the front jacks.
I think (haven't tried it) that I could lower front jacks so that they are completely retracted...??

dave-g
03-09-2015, 01:16 AM
I don't have a 6 point system- but full timers, have them down for long periods. But they are with the unit.

bsmith0404
03-09-2015, 04:41 AM
I only use the front jacks while in storage. Once the valves close it's just fluid sitting in a line. It never hurts to exercise the system a bit, but I don't see a need to do anything different and cannot find anything from Lippert that says to do anything different.

raineman
03-09-2015, 06:53 AM
I only use the front while stored. I thought I read that if you leave them down for long periods you need to apply some sort of lube or spray to the legs. I don't recall the specifics. After I saw that, I only use the front while stored

sandy43
03-09-2015, 09:03 AM
This is what I was told by a hydraulic guy at Lippert; Leave all the jacks down always, except traveling. Maintenance is most important. Lube the shaft lightly with silicone before each trip or periodically if stored for long periods. At the bottom of the shaft housing, where the shaft goes in and out, put a light coating of silicone jell (you buy it in a tube) where the housing meets the shaft. This helps with leaks down the shaft and insures no trash is pulled upward. Talking is much easier than writing, hope this makes since.

wbatto
03-09-2015, 04:15 PM
We have a 2013 fuzion with the level up system. I read some were to spray the jacks lightly with silicone spray when extended for a extended period of time. I level my TH when parked for the winter then raise the unit slightly to get some of the weight off of the tires. I think its better for the tires and springs to have some of the weight off of them for the winter months. anyway thats my two cents.

Barbell
03-09-2015, 06:48 PM
We use the leveling system when parked in storage and periodically spray the shafts with silicone spray. When traveling in an area near salt water, we spray every few days; otherwise every few weeks. No problems so far.

sbaker
03-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Thanks all.

FusionFZ371
03-11-2015, 11:07 PM
I store mine with the jacks down because I feel it helps keep the weight off the tires.

bobbecky
03-12-2015, 06:08 PM
I would not hesitate to continue using silicone spray on the shafts when extended for long periods or exposed to salty air, and I know, the last time I checked, the manual on the Lippert site has not been changed from saying use silicone spray, but at the last Montana rally in Goshen, the Lippert people said they are now recommending the use of CRC Power Lube Industrial High Performance Lubricant with PTFE. This product is not readily available in the local hardware or auto parts store, but can be ordered or found in an industrial supply type store.