PDA

View Full Version : Need to upgrade my 5vr hitch

bnc04
03-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Howdy all, New poster here to this informative Forum.
We recently placed an order for a Carbon 357 toyhauler and I'm going to need to upgrade my hitch and would like to be on the safe side with an 18k 4500 pin capable hitch. I'm currently running a 15k Reese slider in a dodge with a 6.5 ft bed.

I don't have a trailer to use to test fit and I'd like to be ready for this when delivered.

The anderson hitch is currently sitting in the #1 slot mainly because of it's weight and ease of removal from the truck which is something I do quite often and would really appreciate not having to move 200 pounds by myself.

Does there happen to be anybody that is running a Carbon with a short bed and the anderson hitch? If so, please let me know how your turning radius is.

Any body able to get the measurements from the pin to the outside edge of the carbon? Maybe with that I can do some math and see if the hitch will allow the maneuverability I might need.

I'm having a hard time finding one locally at the moment to go measure and "eyeball" again .

Thanks
Brett

hoffbrew
03-02-2015, 02:47 PM
I will sell you my Husky 24K!! I am really leaning to the liking of the Anderson

hoffbrew
03-02-2015, 02:48 PM
oh... welcome to the forum!

bnc04
03-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the offer and the welcome:)

Brett

PARAPTOR
03-03-2015, 08:45 AM
:wlcm: to the Forum From Western PA.