PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the cougar 336

Mikris08
02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
I m new to rv world I m looking at the Cougar line of fifth wheels any suggestion or help would be great.

Festus2
02-27-2015, 03:49 PM
It might help our members provide you with better suggestions if they knew what you will be towing it with. There are many 5th wheel models that are not suitable for towing with a 1/2T and others may need a 1T.

If you have a truck, then let us know what it is that you have.

Thanks

sourdough
02-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Festus2 is right on target. There are a couple of current threads pertaining to 3/4 tons not having enough payload to safely tow a 5th wheel. What your tow vehicle is is the key to what you can pull in a 5th wheel (or most anything else).

By the way I see it's your first post.....Welcome to the forum!!

440justin
02-27-2015, 05:51 PM
I m new to rv world I m looking at the Cougar line of fifth wheels any suggestion or help would be great.
Do you have any questions you are trying to answer, RVing is a pretty broad topic.

If you don't have the truck yet you are free to pick any fifth wheel you like and buy a truck to match. If you already have the truck then load it with people, fuel, and anything else you think would be in your truck on a trip and head to your local CAT scale and see how much you weigh. This will let you know how much pin and hitch weight you can have to work with. This might limit your fifth wheel search.