PDA

View Full Version : Reese Goose Box

carwheel_09
02-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Has anyone changed out their pin box to the Reese Goose Box? If so how do you like it. Reason I'm asking my new Montana has a Lippert 1116 pin box on it which is a medium length. Makes turning a little close. Lippert does make a longer pin box in the same bolt pattern but more length = more stress on the mounting wings.

chuckster57
02-27-2015, 08:17 AM
We have changed out a few traditional pin boxes for the Reese goosebox. Everyone that we have done it for loves it. you do know that you have to change out the fifth wheel hitch on your bed to use this.

Quad
02-27-2015, 05:15 PM
The Reese Goosebox is an awesome conversion box. You get a clean bed while not towing. Don't have to lift any heavy hitches out. Plus the added Benefit of air ride also. I really love ours. This will be our 3rd season with it I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kickin It
02-27-2015, 05:51 PM
I only have about 200 miles on ours but its is some kind of nice. I have been pulling gooseneck trailers but this is my first fifth wheel so I guess im kind of a noob with it. I do really like that I don't have a heavy hitch in the bed and finding a place to store it. I would say go for it.