PDA

View Full Version : Freezing up Kitchen and hot water

Tonybka
02-26-2015, 05:20 PM
I have a 2011 290RL. I am currently working pipeline inspection in Montana. Once the temperatures drop below freezing, I have no kitchen water, or hot water in the shower and bathroom sink. I do have toilet water and cold water in the shower and bedroom sink. I am using a heated water hose for inlet water. This is really annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JRTJH
02-26-2015, 05:49 PM
Now is not the time to be crawling around under your RV, but when it warms up you might want to drop the coroplast and check carefully for where your water lines are run. Chances are that they are adjacent to the frame rails and are subject to "cold soak" from the metal. Adding insulation to the pipes (maybe as simple as the foam pipe strips) would probably help. Also, as an "immediate" help, if you have any way to heat the basement storage that will make a significant difference. And if you'll leave the base cupboard doors open, the plumbing near the outside walls should get more heat and probably keep your water flowing a few degrees colder. That also includes the pantry door in the corner, behind the shower. You'd be amazed (maybe you wouldn't) how cold it can get in there, the shower is just as cold behind that fiberglass, next to the outside wall.

Good Luck

dave-g
03-03-2015, 02:35 AM
may people run electric heaters inside the camper- but the furnace in most campers heats the basement. Make sure you are running the gas furnace. also small electric heater in the basement will help. Good luck.

curlyfungirl
03-07-2015, 03:30 AM
If you have skirting, a few heat lamps under the RV will help keep things warm.