PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Provider G rated tires on Alpines

Idahoguy
02-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Sorry to ask about tires as I know that stock OEM tires are usually bad. Not sure why manufacturers keep doing that. Charge more for the trailer and put top rated tires on a top rated trailer. Oops rambling on. Any way any one have Provider G rated tires (yes made in China). They came on our new Alpine 3010RE. Thank you..Safe travels.

Ron
02-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Never heard of the Provider, we run the Geostar 574 14ply supplied by Les Schwab tire, probably one there in your town, you can also purchase them on ebay for less money, in my opnion built the same as the FY614 but for quite abit less...

Quad
02-24-2015, 05:05 AM
I don't have any experience with the provider tires. But I also run a 14 ply Sailun S637 tire. I absolutely love them. Very heavy well built tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsmith0404
02-24-2015, 06:16 AM
Found a review on tire reviews and more. Here is their summary. To be mentioned in the same sentence as the Maxxis says a lot. The G rated tire is a good move by Keystone, my guess is that was an upgrade option that the dealer added when they ordered it. Our Alpine came with E rated Tow Max.

Taskmaster has produced a decent trailer tire in the Provider ST Radial. While we still feel the Maxxis sits alone at the top of this class, this tire is not far behind. Expect to find good traction and stability in addition to a better than average tread life.