PDA

View Full Version : Jamaica RV Resort, Galveston Island???

bryan6025
02-21-2015, 07:42 AM
Planning on taking trip there this summer. We were looking at a place in Houston/Galveston area and decided to go here. Any comments about this campground?

C130
02-21-2015, 10:40 AM
I haven't stayed there but just stayed at a new place right down the road from Jamaica Beach RV park. I tried to reserve a spot there but they were full. Looked very nice and my next door neighbor where I stayed was from Springfield Missouri. He, along with five other families from Missouri, had come down to Galveston for over a month. Everyone else he was with I believe was staying at Jamaica Beach but he couldn't get a spot. He was spending a lot of time there and told me it was nice but the RV pads were smaller than the new RV park, Galveston Island RV Resort, which just opened.

Both are several miles (15-18) from the main attractions in Galveston with Jamaica Beach being about three miles closer than the new RV park. Jamaica was packed and when I called they told me their overflow was also full. It has excellent reviews and looked very nice with several activities for the family. The new RV park said they'd have their amenities done by summer.

Wilkod
02-21-2015, 07:33 PM
We have stayed there twice. Nice park, pool good as well with a swim up type bar arrangement and beach access right across the highway. We will stay there again...