PDA

View Full Version : What kind of roof on bullet premier

Dmille5
02-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Just traded for 2014 bullet premier and the roof sealant around the front cap has a couple of pinholes in it.Does anybody know what kind of sealant I need to get to redo this seam?The reason I'm asking is this roof does not appear to be the same material that was on our 2008 cougar.Also when I redo this Dicor seal do you guys remove all of the old or just touch it up? Thanks for any tips.

JRTJH
02-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Check out this recent thread, it'll answer all your questions: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21085

Dmille5
02-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks I looked at those sites,they mentioned if you can't pull the sealant off by hand to leave it alone,so I assume to just clean it up and apply new sealant OVER old sealant.Is this the norm to repair a couple of SMALL pin holes?

JRTJH
02-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Yes, that's the recommended method. Remove all loose or damaged sealant, clean the area well, let it dry thoroughly, and if using the 2 part sealant, apply the accelerator, then the sealant over the area, extend it beyond the sealant so that it makes contact with the roof membrane (forms a new sealant to roof contact surface) and allow it to dry. If using the single part sealant, apply the same way, but there's no accelerator to apply first.

chuckster57
02-20-2015, 03:49 PM
When we do roof services, its standard procedure for us to remove any loose sealant and run a bead over any voids.

Dmille5
02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the help!