PDA

View Full Version : Power Failing When Pulling Slides In

grdsman
02-16-2015, 09:43 AM
So, we took the new-to-us Fuzion 405 out on its maiden voyage this weekend and ran into a problem with power. While pulling slides in, the power would trip momentarily and then come back on by itself. This would occur several times while pulling in the slides. All of the lights would go out and the clock would be reset, so it was a completely outage. No breakers tripped and the power would come back on by itself. Is this a "thermal fuse" issue? One more thing, this would not occur at all when bringing them in with the generator running.....

Javi
02-16-2015, 09:44 AM
bring the slides in one at a time..

sptddog
02-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Are you on shore power when this happens?

I have found on my Fuzion 342, that my battery has the capability to bring them in about 1 time, and with the double slides going at the same time, sometimes barely that. If it works on generator power, but not battery, then maybe the battery isn't up to snuff? If you're on shore power though, I don't know....

MarkS
02-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Your battery may be weak. Shore power alone, is not enough to operate the slides on bigger rigs.

The circuit breaker for the slides may be self resetting. The self resetting ones trip and reset after a time delay.

JRTJH
02-16-2015, 11:18 AM
You've got one of "these things" (30 amp auto reset circuit breaker shown with and without the red plastic cover) in the slide wiring. There are a couple of them, usually mounted to the bulkhead adjacent to the battery location. From your description of "the power would trip momentarily and then come back on by itself.", One of these is likely corroded and heating up, opening, then resetting.

As stated in the above posts, only operate one slide at a time, you MUST have a serviceable, charged battery in the electrical supply even when using shore power. The converter is not capable of carrying the load to operate the slide motors without a battery to help provide the amperage required to start/operate the DC motors.