PARAPTOR
02-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Should be 30 gallon tank(s)

Firemenfred
02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Thanks that what i was guessing.

Firemenfred
02-19-2015, 04:13 AM
my plan is to get out all the current older fuel and replace it with Non-ethonyl fuel and a stabilizer. our local race trac is selling it now. any thoughts on that?

JRTJH
02-19-2015, 05:48 AM
I think you're on track when you say you're going to drain and purge/clean the tank. Using gasoline without ethanol is a good start, but even then, if the gas is going to sit in the tank for an extended time, why even store it at all? Fresh fuel is the way to go if possible, so if you're not going to be using the gas relatively soon, I'd suggest just leaving the tank empty and carrying a couple of 5 gallon cans. But, if you are going to use the gas in a couple of months, adding a good stabilizer (some question the red StaBil) is the way to go. I would be reluctant to use gas that's been stored in an RV tank for several months.

I use "recreational gas" (ethanol free premium gas marketed in this area) for all my small engine applications from my lawn mower to snowmobiles/ATV's and boats. I've had no problems with fuel separation, but if I'm not going to use my "stuff" for a period of time, I drain the tanks, run the carb dry and spray Seafoam in the cylinders. When I take them out of storage, I always fill them with fresh fuel.

PARAPTOR
02-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Not familiar with an easy way to drain these tanks?? With the fuel station tank can pump as much out as the pump level will permit. On the other hand the tank for the generator I guess you just run dry?? I try and run the generator at least once a month under load for an hour or so. Does anyone know where a tank drain may be , if there is one? Not sure if there is a screen to prevent trying to siphon the tank :confused: Has anyone drained these tanks and if so how?