PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Tires

Festus2
06-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Jody: I see that you put a new set of Maxxis tires on just recently. You probably haven't put that many miles on them yet but I would be interested in your comments when you have. What made you chose Maxxis? Did you remove Missions or ?????
If you dont mind my asking.... where did you get them from and how much $$$$ for the set?
Richard ( I hope I put this in the right section ----- wouldnt want to get a PM from you :D Richard.

antiqfreq
06-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Richard,

I have NO problem posting the info. I'll have to look it up.

We decided on MAXXIS because we have had the Goodyear Marathons on our other trailer and didn't care for those too much. I think the ones that came off of it were Dunlop (not sure, I'll check)

My son is the manager of an automotive repair shop so I paid his costs, and he installed them with my husband on a weekend...

I'll get info for you and post here.

We only have one trip to the Florida keys on them so far and that is about 5 hours total and we leave Thursday again for 3 days and that will be about another 5 hr total trip. So not much to report as of yet. Our next big trip isn't until Thanksgiving when we'll be gone 11 days.....just short ones in the inbetween times.

Jody

antiqfreq
06-30-2009, 02:41 PM
I've just been told the old tires were Duro's........

We bought the trailer new and probably only had 10,000 miles on them, at the most BUT the trailer sat for at least six months, as we purchased is in Jan 2008 as a left over 2007 and it was delivered to the dealer in May 2008.

Hope this helps

We like the MAXXIS so far. We leave Thur for a 3 day weekend.......

yeah, getting out of town!

Jody