PDA

View Full Version : Hello from GA - New Member

Hsestes
02-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Hello from GA,

New to the forum and Keystone. Just looking into getting an RV and doing my research. Currently don't own anything but want to do some future cross country traveling. I should add that we have done several cross country trips, but doing the hotel/motel route.

Have seen a few Keystone RV's and for some reason like the looks and features. I would like to hear and learn from some of you current owners on the Pro's/Con's of Keystone and if you had to purchase all over would you do the same?

Thanks ahead.

Scott

JohnD
02-09-2015, 11:56 PM
:wlcm: from R.I., all sorts of info here

Stew
02-10-2015, 03:45 AM
Welcome. Originally from Rome,Ga. Ever in the FL Panhandle and need anything feel free to reach out.

SAABDOCTOR
02-10-2015, 06:35 AM
:wlcm: TO THE FORUM. from Connecticut. there was a survay some time ago that asked if you would buy an other keystone unit over 90% said yes. As you read through past post you will learn that our campers are far from perfect! there are issues with all of them some major some not so. a lot of us look at what is wrong and weigh in as to taking it back to the dealer ( cost in fuel and time) vs fix it your self. I have had 3 keystones. loved them all. Stareted with a small tt and worked up to what we have now. None were perfect but all were very nice and comfotable to live in. some trim issues a water leak a vacum breaker that went bad. would I buy another yes but I love what i got!. here's to you getting a nice camper and enjoyin the life style. ask all the questions you can before you buy. There are lots of great folks here that have learned lots along the way and will help you avoid some of the pit falls. Best wishes to you:cool:beans

sourdough
02-10-2015, 02:51 PM
:wlcm: to the forum from W TX!

Before buying our 2014 Keystone we looked at literally hundreds of trailers from various manufacturers. The trailer we bought had the features, looks and quality we were looking for that the others didn't.....and at a better price. We've had several minor issues but nothing big. I am a nit picker so it's been back to the dealer more than most folks would have done I'm sure. To this day when I walk in it I'm pleased at our purchase and the value that we received.

Look around. Find what fits you and use the forum as a resource for information. There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.

Hsestes
02-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Thanks to all that replied. I look forward to learning and making some friends here.

koko
02-11-2015, 06:59 PM
The RV shows are everywhere right now. Go in as many trailers as you can, and spend a significant amount of time in the ones that appeal to you most. Floor plan is key. We love our Keystone, but we've loved every camper we've ever owned in one way or another.

pawpaw
02-12-2015, 12:06 PM
:wlcm: from the Bayou State. Whatever you decide on make sure in advance you have the right tow vehicle.