PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix to Franklin, NC

Bigg-limo
02-06-2015, 01:39 AM
The DW and I have been pondering a trip from Phoenix to Franklin, NC sometime this summer. We have been talking about going to Mason's Ruby and Sapphire Mines this summer. Our planned route is to take I-17 to Flagstaff, then I-40 to Nashville, I-24 to Chattanooga, and so on. Franklin is about 3 hrs east of Chattanooga. I would like some advice, or suggestions for points of interest along the way, because we absolutely don't mind sightseeing along the way. It will be the two of us, our 11 & 9 year old daughters, and the father and mother in-law who will be following along with us. Also, I'd like some suggestions on campgrounds along the way that are Big Rig Friendly, because we have an HDT with a 41' toyhauler. Thanks in advance,...look forward to hearing from you all.

T3/T4 Hybrid
02-06-2015, 05:19 AM
Becareful coming into Franklin and that Western part of NC. Stick with truck routes!!! The roads can get very narrow and cury. I cannot stress that enough just from myself coming around a curve on my motorcycle almost striking a big rig which didnt head the signs and he had the whole road blocked up.

I hope you are bringing a motor with you in that toy hauler! :cool: