PDA

View Full Version : Education Training

Stanomatic
02-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Hello,

I pick up my Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler February 26th. I know I will get a walk through but I am sure I will forget as soon as I drive it off the lot. :)

I did a quick search in this forum for education and training and I did not find what I was looking for.
1. How many people sign up for some kind of classes in their area? Everything about your RV. How to tow. Etc.
2. Do you find enough videos online to adequately teach you everything?

I do plenty of reading/research on the Internet but was curious if anyone else did more and took classes or bought DVDs. Was it worth it?

Festus2
02-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Stan -
You might want to take a look at the Pre Delivery Inspection checklist that we make available to our members who are about to do walk-through. Go to the "Keystone Questions" section of the forum and look at the top of the listings. It's there for you to download, print and take with you. While it isn't totally complete, it does provide you with some key items to check and have done while you are there at the dealership.

Take your time when doing this PDI - it is a very important first-step component of venturing into RVing. If you are not shown -- ask. We often get members coming back here that have forgotten to ask about the location of the water pump, HW bypass valve, tank valves, etc.

If you reasonable have access to a large and sometimes vacant parking lot, I'd head there and practice turning, backing into spaces, and general maneuvers when handling the RV. Better to practice these skills in a large, mostly vacant site rather than in a campground where you could easily become the "center of attention".

After you have watched online videos or DVD's, read articles, gone to classes or whatever, there is really nothing better than practice. If you know someone who has experience pulling an RV, get him/her to come along with you and give you a hand.

It's not rocket science and with practice (that darn word again), you'll soon know what you're doing!!

Enjoy the learning experience.

Stanomatic
02-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Stan -
You might want to take a look at the Pre Delivery Inspection checklist that we make available to our members who are about to do walk-through. Go to the "Keystone Questions" section of the forum and look at the top of the listings. It's there for you to download, print and take with you. While it isn't totally complete, it does provide you with some key items to check and have done while you are there at the dealership.

Take your time when doing this PDI - it is a very important first-step component of venturing into RVing. If you are not shown -- ask. We often get members coming back here that have forgotten to ask about the location of the water pump, HW bypass valve, tank valves, etc.

If you reasonable have access to a large and sometimes vacant parking lot, I'd head there and practice turning, backing into spaces, and general maneuvers when handling the RV. Better to practice these skills in a large, mostly vacant site rather than in a campground where you could easily become the "center of attention".

After you have watched online videos or DVD's, read articles, gone to classes or whatever, there is really nothing better than practice. If you know someone who has experience pulling an RV, get him/her to come along with you and give you a hand.

It's not rocket science and with practice (that darn word again), you'll soon know what you're doing!!

Enjoy the learning experience.

Excellent! Thank you again Festus2. I appreciate the feedback.

chuckster57
02-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Very common for new RV'rs to bring notebook and pen to the walkthrough. I have lost count of how many times I have been video taped.

I have heard that you tube has tons of videos, and I routinely tell new customers not to hesitate to call the service department, ask for me and I will attempt to answer over the phone. Done that a few times with customers in a campground site. Ask your dealer about that, and by all means use it if its available and needed.

pawpaw
02-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Lot's of new gadget's to get accustomed to in the 371...luckily I have a son in law and a 14 yr old grandson that know what they're doing. Taking notes and practice is all it takes. At least the driving part for me is easy after driving tanker trucks years ago. You'll love your new trailer!

gilpinbrewer
02-05-2015, 06:54 AM
Hello,

I pick up my Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler February 26th. I know I will get a walk through but I am sure I will forget as soon as I drive it off the lot. :)

I did a quick search in this forum for education and training and I did not find what I was looking for.
1. How many people sign up for some kind of classes in their area? Everything about your RV. How to tow. Etc.
2. Do you find enough videos online to adequately teach you everything?

I do plenty of reading/research on the Internet but was curious if anyone else did more and took classes or bought DVDs. Was it worth it?

Hey Stan, congrats on the 371! I am local and have a 371 too. If you need any help feel free to PM me and I would be happy to help out. Coming from a Hybrid TT, this rig was a bit intimidating, but once you figure it all out it isn't too bad. Also if you are on Facebook at all there is a Keystone Toy Hauler group that has a bunch of great people willing to help you along as well.

Stanomatic
02-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Hey Stan, congrats on the 371! I am local and have a 371 too. If you need any help feel free to PM me and I would be happy to help out. Coming from a Hybrid TT, this rig was a bit intimidating, but once you figure it all out it isn't too bad. Also if you are on Facebook at all there is a Keystone Toy Hauler group that has a bunch of great people willing to help you along as well.

Thank you so much. Can't wait to pick it up.