PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Rubber trim

Petroboy
02-04-2015, 06:00 AM
I have a 2005 sprinter that the rubber trim around my doors on the outside has turned greyish black, is there a product that can clean it or is there a place to order new ones? It looks bad .

JRTJH
02-04-2015, 08:10 AM
I use BLECHE-WITE. Use a straight edge such as a plastic yard stick (to prevent overspray) and spray it on, let it sit for a couple minutes and spray/wipe it off. Sometimes it may take a second application.

Laredo291OH
02-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm sure this will get a lot of people fired up, but sometimes that is necessary. If you dump some of that same bleche-white into the bucket of soap you use to wash your camper, it does an amazing job of taking off black streaks, bugs etc. It also works great on the awning and the rubber strip that runs the length of the camper. I make sure to rinse it very well, I usually apply a coat of wax (Meguiars synthetic for the fiberglass and Turtle Wax ICE for all plastic rubber and glass) after doing it too. Guess I'm kind of a rebel though, my camper sets outside thru Ohio winters with no cover and no tire covers either. Camper still looks like new after 5 years, gets waxed at least twice a year, and the tires have about 12,000 miles on them and still look good. This combo was about the only way I found to clean the camper after coming back from Montana last year, I swear that I brought every bug in Montana home to Ohio with us between the front of my truck and the camper. As a side note, I use the same process on my truck.

randy69
02-04-2015, 05:20 PM
I have found a bucket of water with dawn soap and a tooth brush works well

Way Of Life
02-05-2015, 01:22 AM
Give a Mr. Clean "Magic Erasure" a try.....

B&T
02-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Give a Mr. Clean "Magic Erasure" a try.....

I have a 2005 sprinter that the rubber trim around my doors on the outside has turned greyish black, is there a product that can clean it or is there a place to order new ones? It looks bad .

I used a small amount of acetone on a rag, came off easily, looks like new again.

Ron
02-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Back to Black work for me, Walmart and others have it...

rjsurfer
02-06-2015, 02:57 AM
Quit knocking yourselves out, just switch from white to black strips. I went through and changed them all out and never have to worry about cleaning them again.

Life is too short.

Ron W.