PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Flush system on Raptor3612

JoeofNSB
02-03-2015, 02:08 PM
I have a Raptor DS3612 and the sewer flush caused a slight leak around the toilet last week. all three tank valves were open before I turned on the flush. While cleaning up the leak, I took some of the wall panels off in the basement, under the toilet and it seems that the flush line goes UP towards the toilet or the vent instead of DOWN into the black tank. Anyone have some insight into where it goes? I had thought I had a tank flush but now wonder if the water just dumps into the vent or toilet to "flush" the tank. Thanks in advance - ya'll are great!!!(tx)

Festus2
02-03-2015, 02:34 PM
On many units, the vacuum breaker check valve is located right underneath your bathroom sink. This valve is higher than the exterior water fill inlet and higher, of course, than the flush unit assembly that goes into your black tank to clean it out.

On mine, the "plumbing" runs something like this: From the fill inlet UP to the check valve then across >>>>> then downward again then across into the black tank. No line goes into the vent or toilet. It takes a couple of turns via elbows enroute to the tank.

For a diagram of my explanation, Google "No-Fuss-Flush" and you will be able to see where the lines run.

JRTJH
02-03-2015, 02:36 PM
The black tank flush system has a "anti-siphon (backflow) valve" in the supply line. On some older trailers the valve was located in the trailer wall. Usually it was in the wall behind the shower and could be accessed either by removing the shower faucet or from an access panel along the common wall with the shower. This was often inside a cabinet in the living room. In more recent models, the anti-siphon valve has been relocated to a more accessible location, usually under the bathroom sink in the vanity.

Since it's a "anti-siphon" valve, it should be mounted well above the black tank, in a "loop" of plumbing that rises to the valve and then goes down into the tank. What you're seeing is the water supply line that goes "up" to the valve. Once through the valve, it goes back down into the black tank. It just "seems" to go "somewhere else"

Once you locate it, you'll probably find that it is the source of your leak. I'm surprised that it lasted as long as it did. Usually they are a 1 or 2 year item and then they start leaking. Most of us have replaced it with a brass valve and fittings to adapt to the plumbing lines. You can find all the parts at Lowe's or HD in the plumbing department. Usually in the irrigation section.

Good Luck

JoeofNSB
02-04-2015, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the info. Diagram and explanation make perfect sense. Now I know what to do.(tx)