PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Peninsula camping

saltflatracer
02-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Has anyone camped on the Long Beach Peninsula in Washington? Looking for a good referral with all the comforts of home (Wi-Fi & cable)! Pulling a 41 foot 5ver & will be traveling with 3 other trailers. Beach access would be outstanding!! Thanks

Festus2
02-02-2015, 04:08 PM
saltflatracer -
We've stayed overnight at a 1000Trails Naco Long Beach campsite last year. This campsite is near Seaview/Illwaco at the southern end of peninsula. We weren't impressed as we thought the campground and sites were too close and not well maintained. Not on the beach but a short walk will get you there.

Also spent a couple of nights at Sunrise Resorts (Pacific Holiday RV Resort near Long Beach. Too "sterile" for us - too close together - but clean. Again, the beach is about 1/4 mile away - a short walk but worth it once you get to it.

I'd check with www.rvparkreviews.com to find out more about campgrounds in this area.

There are also a couple of state parks in this area but they probably don't have cable or Wi-Fi hookups.

jsmith948
02-03-2015, 05:55 AM
We have stayed at Cape Disappointment SP on the southern end of the peninsula. Full hook-ups and roomy sites. Sites are arranged in 'pin wheels' so there tends to be more room. If you like beach combing and plain ole' relaxation, this is a good spot.

Murphsmom
02-03-2015, 08:12 AM
We always stay at Cape Disappointment, too. There is no WiFi service, though. You have to go to the store at the entrance to get a WiFi signal. I thought it would bother me the first time we stayed there, but it was actually not a problem to just check the net as we came or went during the day.