PDA

View Full Version : slow and sluggish?

gkainz
01-31-2015, 04:46 PM
Anyone else feeling the board is slow and sluggish?

Not my end ...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4106189391.png

jsmith948
01-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Yes. Sometimes takes better part of a minute to open a thread.

Jack & Marty

randy69
01-31-2015, 05:35 PM
I think some posting are kinda old too.

Festus2
01-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Anyone else feeling the board is slow and sluggish?

Not my end ...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4106189391.png

gkainz:
If there are other members who are experiencing similar problems with the site being "slow" , Post a quick note to that effect and add any specific information that might help us solve the problem.

For the time being, I'll wait for more members to jump in with their comments before contacting our forum administrator.

Comments from other members who have not noticed any difference of late might post something as well.

Thanks

GaryWT
01-31-2015, 08:37 PM
I have had a few issues where the site would not load or I got a message it was unavailable. Mostly happens when I am on my older laptop. Usually no issue if on my iPad.

gkainz
01-31-2015, 08:46 PM
This page loaded very slow - much slower than the forum typically performs. Other forums I checked are responding normally for me on windows, mac and iPad.

I just switched back to windows and now the posts are opening at typical normal speed.

ping to the host server looks like average response time, and tracert to the host also shows typical response time all the way to the server.

hankaye
02-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Howdy All;

The slow down is something I've been experiencing for a few months now.

Just had the laptop in the shop for it's annual check-up and clean-out.

I was timed out while trying to go back to a forum from a thread in the
same forum just before I came to this thread. My personal experience has
been that this happens generally in the mornings about this same time of
day. Don't know if it's due to the number of folks tuned in or if the server is
bogging down.

Good (?), to see I'm not the only one, helps rule out it being my laptop...

hankaye

Festus2
02-02-2015, 09:27 AM
I've also had some issues with the site this morning ---- ""Can't Find Page"..."Can't Load Page" -----

I'll get in touch with Courtland and let him know that there seems to be an issue.

gkainz
02-02-2015, 01:26 PM
The forum seems to be responding at normal speeds today for me, but earlier this morning I did get an error message "web page not found" when I tried to get there.

Festus2
02-02-2015, 02:30 PM
The forum seems to be responding at normal speeds today for me, but earlier this morning I did get an error message "web page not found" when I tried to get there.

Whatever problems exist, they seem to be sporadic. At times, the forum is "normal" and at others it is either slow or the above messages appear and you can't get anywhere.

I've PMd Courtland and he replied by saying that he will be looking into it.

hankpage
02-02-2015, 02:40 PM
I think it is a conspiracy against the east coast. :D Most mornings when I log on early the forum is very sluggish. I have learned to translate the error messages as "Have another cup of coffee and try again later." http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1140 JM2¢, Hank

jsmith948
02-03-2015, 05:59 AM
Don't know if there WAS an issue and it has been fixed, but, the forum is responding much faster today(tx)

hankaye
02-03-2015, 06:37 AM
hankpage, Howdy;

I think it is a conspiracy against the east coast. :D Most mornings when I log on early the forum is very sluggish. I have learned to translate the error messages as "Have another cup of coffee and try again later." http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1140 JM2¢, Hank

Not so much an East Coast thing, unless it only afflicts those that lived
there at sometime in the past (my misspent youth), ..... my 7:30 is your 9:30.

the other hank

byrdr1
02-03-2015, 07:00 AM
I had that yesterday, no response whatsoever..
Then it was on our end, No internet for the whole bunch of us..down around 1 hour.. I couldn't even do payroll for a while.
everything is fine today..
randy

DavidinTexas
02-16-2015, 07:22 AM
I have not had troubles when I use the web page directly - but the iPhone app is so useless I quit using it. When means I am on the forum much less than before.