PDA

View Full Version : Hot water heater 333MKS

C1v1leng
01-31-2015, 11:04 AM
How are other owners doing with the new "high efficiency" hot water heaters. The DW and I need to run the gas and electric in order to have enough for a quick shower. There was a real lack of hot water when traveling through TX when the weather was cold and the incoming water was cold too. Then there was only enough hot water for a military shower. I checked the bypass valves to make sure they were closed and my outside shower is closed too.

b.d.keathley
01-31-2015, 12:03 PM
I have had the MKS in two "cold climates" one with full hookups and one without. Both times we had perfect "hot water" with no issues. I cant imagine

why yours is not working.

Festus2
01-31-2015, 12:13 PM
How is HW heater managing with your hot water in the kitchen and bathroom? Do you get sufficient HW at those two faucets or is just the shower that is "acting up". The cool/cold weather should not affect the hot water temperature of the water coming out of the tank. If it is cold outside, the heater will have to come on more to keep the temperature up but it should be "hot".

The "colder" water you felt at the CW faucet may have been due to the long run through a water line that ran through the colder basement area. Were you hooked up to city water or were you using the FW tank? In either case, if the weather had been cold for any length of time, the FW tank or the city water lines would have been colder than usual.

How is the flow at the shower head? Sometimes during construction, some sawdust or debris gets into the line and partially or completely clogs the shower head resulting in poor/sluggish flow.

Is your HW tank 6 or 10 gallons?

Javi
02-01-2015, 05:39 AM
Festus2... on the 333MKS the water is 6 gallons and is almost directly under the shower so no long runs.

I expect the OP just isn't used to RV bathing yet. Navy showers are the way of life in RV's.. When the DW wants a long shower she heads to the bathhouse or we head home to the sticks & bricks.. 6 gallons don't go far..:D

P.S. like most we turn on the propane side of the water heater is we're going to be bathing quickly one after the other, then turn it off when we're through.

JRTJH
02-01-2015, 06:08 AM
An option to extend the Navy Showers for a few more minutes is the Oxygenics shower head. While it's definitely not a "home shower" it does have a "heavy mist under pressure" type of spray that will nearly double the hot water time. We still use the Navy method when dry camping, but can get upwards of 8 or10 minutes when in a campground with full hookups.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/bodyspa-rv-shower-kit-brushed-nickel/68323

C1v1leng
02-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks,
We will pick up a new shower head. Using the gas and electric does extend the performance but I thought the heater should do a better job.