PDA

View Full Version : 333 MKS Leaking Shower

C1v1leng
01-29-2015, 06:29 PM
The DW was having a shower yesterday and I could hear water running onto the floor. A look with a flash light through the air return for the heater found water pouring out of the pipes. I called the local dealer her in AZ and they said I could bring it in March 4th. Since the leak would have made the shower unusable, and the DW felt not showering for two months would not work, I dove under the shower by removing the basement bulkhead and crawling in. Two trips to the local home improvement box store, and I had it fixed. Just makes me mad I can't get service on a new unit for three months.
End of Rant.

Festus2
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Your DW was right --- not showering until March 4th won't work. :eek: It's amazing how that thought enables one to crawl in there, find the problem and fix it yourself! If your local dealer is that busy now, I can only imagine how long your wait time might be come Spring or Summer. :banghead:

I'd be tempted to start looking for another repair facility that can accommodate you in a more timely manner.

Javi
01-30-2015, 02:50 AM
Sounds like y'all got it fixed, I learned a good while back that fixing it myself is gonna be the fastest and usually the better option. For those few jobs that just can't be done by the owner I suggest that folks find a good independent RV repair guy, every town has at least one. And they usually do a better job than the "dealer" for a lot less and a bunch faster.