PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Taps

Bill & Deb
01-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Does anyone else have taps that squeak when turned on or off. Same in Kitchen as well as the bathroom. Shower was replaced so no problem there.

I tried to take the kitchen one apart but after removing the tap handle then unthreading the white cover I could not figure out how to remove cartridge to lubricate it. I did not want to break it and would prefer not to replace taps as I do like the style. The handles have a cover with the temperature letter on that slide up to expose the screw that allows you to remove handle.

Cheers
Bill

chuckster57
01-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Nearly all RV fixtures are plastic, and I can assure you not the nice "Delta" ones you find at your home improvement store. Manufacturers buy them by the thousands and get the lowest bidders goods. I just deal with it, because I don't feel like spending the money to put nice fixtures in. I don't live in my trailer, but if I did I might be inclined to spend the money.

FWIW, the only units that I have seen high quality fixtures in were the class A's with 6 figure price tags.

bobbecky
01-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Your fixtures may be Dura, and if they are you can order replacement parts. You may just have a tight cartridge that won't stop squeaking. http://www.durafaucet.com/

Bill & Deb
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
I was hoping I could take the tap apart and lubricate the cartridge so I did not have to replace it.

Bill

Campy
01-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Our old 2011 Coachman had issues with the kitchen faucet and we fixed it by replacing the complete unit. We got a real nice Delta high neck unit for about a 100 bucks and the wife loved it. Our new Cougar has a nice "pull out" spray head faucet and it seems to be decent quality.

Bar-OneRanch
01-31-2015, 07:44 PM
I had that happening in our old trailer(2003 Cedar Creek) and it drove me nuts. I pulled apart the cartridges and used plumbers grease on them but it only lasted a little while before the squeaks came back, if you do yours hope you get better results.
Chris