PDA

View Full Version : Hi All! KeystoneRV.org newbie

noxellis
06-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone from the middle of the country, Omaha, ne. Picking up my Cougar 5th wheel on Tuesday. A 293SAB. Had an Outback, so I'm also coming over from Outbackers.com. Looking forward for the many outings in my Cougar!:)

Flyguy
06-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum, hope this forum will be helpful to you, any questions, just ask, there's usually someone that can help.

Festus2
06-27-2009, 06:49 PM
From one Cougar owner to another - welcome! We are looking forward to hearing from you and; as Flyguy mentioned, we have lots of expertise amongst our members and all are willing to help and to share that with you. I hope all of your outings in the Cougar are trouble-free and you enjoy it. Richard.

Festus2
06-27-2009, 07:55 PM
NOXELLIS:
I forgot to mention that if you don't already have one, FLYGUY has a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) which gives quite a comprehensive checklist of things a prospective buyer should look for and inspect BEFORE taking delivery and signing for it. Getting the dealer to fix any defects or faults while the RV is at the dealership, is a smart move.
If you go to his website, you will find it there - or a link to it - I 'm not sure which.
Richard.

antiqfreq
06-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Welcome Noxellis:

We are glad to have you aboard.

All our members are more than will to answer any and all questions you may have.

Please feel free to share your expertise and your experiences with our group.

AntiqFreq

Flyguy
06-27-2009, 08:59 PM
click on "flyguy", from the drop down menu select "visit Homepage", there you will see the PDI checklist at about the middle of the page. Look around the site and into the various folders and download whatever may be useful to you.

Festus2
06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey - we have another member from the "old" Keystone forum -- MANIAC. Eventually, we hope that they will all soon find us. Anyway, welcome Maniac --- you will find a few of your "old" buddies here as well as some new ones. Glad you found us. Richard.

noxellis
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Flyguy,
Once again I'm a forum person. That's to your list, I saved myself 5 or 6 trips back to the dealer. From a possible leak around one of the windows, none of the towel hooks or bathroom accessories installed, to a faulty speaker and CO detector. One item I had done before I took possession was I had them take it to an axle/suspension shop to check the alignment of the axles. ( I had this problem on my Outback straight from the factory). The front axle was out of alignment and had chewed up a tire from delivery. My last camper I was changing tires every 500 miles.
Thanks again and would recommend your list to everyone I know!
Bob

Flyguy
07-08-2009, 03:14 AM
I love it when a plan comes together, however most of the info I have is a collection from others who are a lot smarter and more ambitious then I am, and you will find their signatures associated with the post.