PDA

View Full Version : Hello from So Cal

Paparoscoe
01-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Just wanted to say hi and give a brief history on me and camping. Was fortunate enough to grow up camping in a class A motor home. We primarily dry camped in the local desserts offroading. The memories and great times helped make me who I am today. With that being said. I wanted to share the same experiences with my family. The wife and I could not do it with the same conveniences for our children but we made many great memories by pitching a tent. The kids are older now, not mention us, and we can almost see the finish line in site. Pitching a tent and sleeping on a cot was not as enjoyable anymore. Something to be said about comfortable sleeping and staying out of the dew. We spent the last year renting different travel trailers to see what we liked and didn't like in them. Long story longer, we picked up a 2012 Springdale 267 TT at the turn of the new year. Totally excited! We have booked a local trip for just about every coming month this year. Happy Camping!

chuckster57
01-17-2015, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

RV camping is so much better than tent camping, enjoy "bouncey:

JimQ
01-18-2015, 07:27 AM
:wlcm: and good luck with your Springdale. Lots of good folks on this site with lots of knowledge. Have Fun! Jim

HeySlick
01-18-2015, 08:49 AM
From northern California

I purchased a new 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT last year. I'm currently living in the unit full time at a 55+ community and things are going as planned. At this time I only have ONE main COMPLAINT with my 5th wheel -- hopefully I'll get that issue resolved with the help of other members in due time -- Great site.

sourdough
01-18-2015, 02:21 PM
:wlcm: to the forum from W TX!! As we age the ground, ground mat or even a cot in a tent become a little rough on the old bones. Congrats on the new trailer and have fun!!

chuckster57
01-18-2015, 03:56 PM
From northern California

I purchased a new 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT last year. I'm currently living in the unit full time at a 55+ community and things are going as planned. At this time I only have ONE main COMPLAINT with my 5th wheel -- hopefully I'll get that issue resolved with the help of other members in due time -- Great site.

Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Your just about an hour north of me. You can start a new thread in the appropriate spot and we will try to help you resolve the issue to your satisfaction. :(