PDA

View Full Version : Following our dream

rvRoadRunner
01-15-2015, 08:31 AM
My wife and I have talked about going fulltime in an RV for about 20 years now. We were renting a place and the lease was up so we started looking for another place to rent and in the process of looking we thought maybe we should consider buying an RV and moving into that. So we started looking at 5th wheels and found a 2006 Keystone Montana 3400RL and purchased it. We moved into it the day after Christmas and it has been quite an ordeal downsizing to fit our life into the RV. We got rid of all the big stuff and we still have a 10x10 storage unit and a 7x16 cargo trailer loaded with stuff so we've got a lot more downsizing to do between now and when I retire in 4 more years.

Our truck is a Dodge Ram 1500. Too small to tow this 5th wheel but we're not going anywhere for a couple years so there is plenty of time to find a decent used 1 ton to pull it with. Our plan right now is to pay this camper off and we're on track to have it paid off by Christmas 2015. This is the first RV experience we've had so there is a lot to learn about the lifestyle of a full timer but we're looking forward to it and this forum will go a long way towards that end.

sourdough
01-15-2015, 08:43 AM
:wlcm: to the forum from W TX and good luck on downsizing! We like to spend 1-2 mos. a year just down the road from you in Panacea (our daughter lives in St. Marks).

GaryWT
01-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Good luck and enjoy. Hope it all works out. Sound like a good thing to me.

rvRoadRunner
01-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks Sourdough! I know where Panacea is. My wife and I rode our Harley over to Wakulla State Park and after leaving there we came down through Panacea and rode back along the coast to Panama City.

pawpaw
01-15-2015, 09:01 PM
Welcome from over here in the Bayou State! :wlcm:

antiqfreq
01-22-2015, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Fiver and your decision to go fulltime.

My husband and I took our fiver and traveled for a year allover the country in 2010 and we loved it.

And now that prices for diesel are back down to that years prices, it won't be too bad should you decide to buy a diesel.

I actually paid $1.85 a gallon for gas for my SUV the other day.

Enjoy,

Jo