PDA

View Full Version : Cheep seats and not at the show

Justvisiting2day
01-13-2015, 05:46 PM
How come does Keystone come up with the cheapest seat materials available? The products are getting worse. The "pads" at the table sink in before lunch is finished and don't thihnk about watching TV, your butt will start hurting before intermission. And the covering fagettaboutit. That stuff was madde in the 50's, probably for the honeymooners dump trailer.

And there are no returns either. Go to a good upholstery shop and stick a grand in for good seating after you buy.
This is my second unit, the first was a 2011, not too bad. BUT this 2013, is really a junk yard.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

chuckster57
01-13-2015, 06:24 PM
As a tech that does PDI's I can tell you Keystone does better than most.

hankpage
01-13-2015, 08:44 PM
How come does Keystone come up with the cheapest seat materials available? The products are getting worse. The "pads" at the table sink in before lunch is finished and don't thihnk about watching TV, your butt will start hurting before intermission. And the covering fagettaboutit. That stuff was madde in the 50's, probably for the honeymooners dump trailer.

And there are no returns either. Go to a good upholstery shop and stick a grand in for good seating after you buy.
This is my second unit, the first was a 2011, not too bad. BUT this 2013, is really a junk yard.
:banghead:

I don't understand .... Your first one was junk so you went back and bought another that was even worse???? :confused: Our Cougar is seven years old and the interior has held up fairly well. Now the exterior decals on the other hand leave much to be desired, but I don't have to sit on them. http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_156857_0_d8c3af97a51215e4c3c933dcbf02ee09.gif

sourdough
01-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Before we bought our Keystone Cougar High Country earlier this year we looked at, and sat in, dozens of trailers. One of the factors important to us was seating and seating quality. Ours was one of the best (with optional furniture). We wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't; did you not try out the furniture before you drove away with it??

Steve S
01-14-2015, 10:18 AM
I like this thread, it's the first time that I've heard someone complain about the seats and not one word about the crap mattresses that the trailers come with. :rolleyes:

Javi
01-14-2015, 10:23 AM
I like this thread, it's the first time that I've heard someone complain about the seats and not one word about the crap mattresses that the trailers come with. :rolleyes:

We actually like the mattress in our Cougar...

Festus2
01-14-2015, 10:24 AM

Steve-
Where have you been? There have been numerous complaints about the "crap mattresses" on the forum. To see what has been said before, check out "mattresses" or "mattress upgrade/"mattress replacement" on the forum's search feature and I think that you will find not one but many words about these OEM mattresses.

Steve S
01-14-2015, 10:49 AM
Yes I've read many complaints about the crappy mattresses, I was just stating that the op never said anything about his.
I guess he got lucky and they gave him a real one to make up for the junk seats :D

Javi
01-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Like I said we like the mattress in the Cougar, is it what we would have purchased on its own... no but it isn't a back mattress. Same with the furniture, it isn't as heavy duty as I would normally buy and at 300 pounds it isn't going to last me a long time but for what it is... it ain't bad.

We're taking one of the recliners and two of the dinner chairs out of the trailer and storing them for later.. With just the two of us we have no need of two recliners and a couch.. or more than two chairs at the table.

sourdough
01-14-2015, 11:57 AM
I agree with Javi. Our mattress in our Cougar works great for us. Not as good as I would have bought but definitely better than most we tried out before we bought.

Justvisiting2day
01-14-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't understand .... Your first one was junk so you went back and bought another that was even worse???? :confused: Our Cougar is seven years old and the interior has held up fairly well. Now the exterior decals on the other hand leave much to be desired, but I don't have to sit on them. http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_156940_0_d8c3af97a51215e4c3c933dcbf02ee09.gif

Actually Hank, the first one wasn't as bad, and I had really "expected" a
better deal. But this one after a few months the seats have completely collasped and the covering is falling apart . The stiching is coming loose and tears if you pull a seat out to get into the storage areas.

The bed... we replaced with a nice memoryin the first one and traded it out because the previous one was a piece of trash . Now a NICE sleep!

taylspin
01-15-2015, 07:18 PM
I have a Keystone Sprinter 299ret, the recliners are super comfortable and upolstered well. the tri fold sofa is not as comfy, but not bad at all. Either are the four dinette chairs pads. Don't know wht you have, but mine are great.

pakuma
01-16-2015, 02:07 PM
We upgrade the mattress by adding a Tempur Pedic topper. A little pricey but it is great."bouncey:

denverpilot
01-18-2015, 11:17 PM
We've discussed the topper but never pulled the trigger for the mattress. Many years in a pop up makes the Laredo's mattress feel just fine to us. :)

Going with the Laredo, we put our butts into the halfway decent recliners. I'm considering just removing the dining room table and carrying a card table and folding chairs instead. We never wedge ourselves around the table. But the chairs aren't awful if we pull them out to the middle of the room.

michael_h
01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
I have a Premier and love my mattress, but then we have only had it for 2 years and a few months so maybe we haven't given it time to wear out . . . my U dinette is iffy but for now it's doing OK. The cougar 25RET we were first looking at had a cloth L couch I didn't think was too comfy. Hopefully Keystone will pick up on these things, but then maybe not since Thor owns them and many say the quality of the Air Stream is faltering too (also owned by Thor) :)