PDA

View Full Version : Added Double Light Switch

mobile42
01-04-2015, 10:07 PM
This double light switch install was done when I had the control panel in the hallway removed so I could fish some wires for the ceiling light fixture (using White CordMate Channel molding from HomeDepot) in the hallway and a LED fixture located outside behind the entry steps (the control panel "Backlight" lights up when my step light is on as an indicator). This particular modification was completed a couple of months after I had purchased my 5th wheel but never got around to post these photos. The original factory installed single switch that use to be there was reuse in the bedroom. I'll post some photos of that install later.

Quiroule
01-05-2015, 12:49 PM
How did you fished the wires without opening the wall and ceiling?

mobile42
01-05-2015, 01:46 PM
How did you fished the wires without opening the wall and ceiling?

I removed the trim (and all the finishing nails) at the very top and drilled a hole through the wall panel and support frame (behind the wall) and with the control panel off, I was able to fish the wire down to my switch. I use a Dremel Tool with a sanding wheel and rounded out an opening on the trim the same diameter to accept the plastic molding and remounted the trim back to the wall and use a bead of caulking to make it look clean. It was pretty hard to attempt to fish wire from the light fixture through on top of the ceiling and then behind the wall. The molding was my best route.