PDA

View Full Version : Satellite systems

sears532
12-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Just bought a Dish Tailgater with Dish VIP box.... anybody else use this???? New to these but got a deal at Camping World.....

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

MarkS
12-27-2014, 10:39 AM
I have one. It works OK but not great. Like most satellite systems, it can be frustrating at times.

Even though it self aims, placement can be tricky. You may have to move it around to find the sweet spot. A few feet can make a difference.
Starting and stopping the Dish service can be a pain. Sometimes takes several phone calls.
Like most satellite dishes, bad weather can block the signal

I would buy one again, but....

sears532
12-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

chuckster57
12-27-2014, 06:25 PM
I have a wineguard carry-out, so it too self aims. To make life real easy I bought the app dish finder pro. All I do is point it at the sky, use camera view and I can see any obstructions. It allows me to limit the number of satellites it finds so I only see the one I want.

cathcartww
12-29-2014, 07:18 PM
We replaced our tailgater with the more expensive, bigger, and more robust Pathway X2 - sold the Tailgater on eBay. It finds the signal much faster, is more sensitive, and brings in a signal almost twice as strong as the Tailgater did. It also gets the southeastern satellites as well as the southwestern ones, so you have more options on where to set it up.

As for dealing with DishTV to change addresses and such, we have found that using the online chat function on their webpage is a lot more effective than speaking on the phone - much less of a communication problem.