PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion 405 lights under door

dvan
12-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I have a new to me 2010 Fuzion 405 with the 6 LED lights under the in entry door that stay on when the door is closed. They go out just before the door closes and then come back on as the door closes fully. I would think that they should go out when the door closes.
I see what I think is a sensor on the bottom of the door and tried to clean it and they worked OK for a day and started doing it again.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks,
Dennis

chuckster57
12-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Is the "sensor" look like a small "log" that is on the door and another one on the door frame?

If so it is most likely a magnetic switch, and proximity (placement) is critical. If you have a magnet, try holding it by the door jamb part and see it the lights go out. If they do the switch is okay and the issue is either a weak magnet on the door or it's pit of position.

dvan
12-13-2014, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the reply Chuck.
There is a sensor on the bottom of the door about 4 inch's in from the hinge. It looks like that when it closes it senses the threshold and turns off the lights. I had found it and cleaned it before posting and it worked for maybe 10times and then started messing up again. Its a aluminum threshold but I will look a little closer to see if it has a magnet embedded it.
Thanks again,
Dennis

christopherglenn
12-13-2014, 10:46 AM
On mine there is a black magnet on the underside of the door about an inch in from the hinge. Mine is centered on the door. From what it sounds like, either the magnet was moved or the switch shifted. Try moving the magnet closer to the outside of the door (still on the bottom) - or recenter the switch under the aluminum.