PDA

View Full Version : Ford f150 hard shift in cold weather

SAABDOCTOR
12-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Hi all Ford owners. just got this update at my repair shop.2009-2012 ford f150, Expiditions and navigators. With automatic transmissions. They may be hard to shift when operating in snow and freezing temps.It seems snow and ice builds up on the transmission shift linkage. Ford has a shield kit to prevent this part number AL3Z-7B147-B FOR 2 WHEEL DRIVE TRUCKS AND PART # AL3Z-7B147-A FOR THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE UNITS. KIT COMES WITH MOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS. i AM NOT FORD BASHING I JUST GOT THIS INFO FROM MY IATAN SUBSCRIPTION AND THOUGHT THIS MY BE OF INTEREST TO THE FORD GUYS.:xmas1:

sourdough
12-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks Barney. I don't think it's Ford bashing....for those that it might apply to, this also happens to Dodge 1500's 2002-2009 if I recall. While trying to forge a snow covered road to our house in the mountains with my 2003 Ram 1500 I found myself unable to shift gears. Just as your memo stated, my linkage was completely packed with hardened snow and wouldn't move. Just an fyi.

hankaye
12-11-2014, 02:50 PM
SAABDOCTOR, Howdy;

Barney, I realize you aren't Ford bashing, after all
you've probably got more Saab stories than any
of us have time for... ;)

hankaye

Brantlaker
12-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Ford is sending the Notification out to all owners that have their trucks registered in the Northern Snow Belt States. If you live in the South but use the truck up North the dealer will still put it on all you need is a mailing address for up North. This is not a Recall (yet) only a Notification That if you have the problem Ford will fix it.