View Full Version : TV Tires

Jay D
12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
I have a 2010 F250 4x4
What is the best tire for Highway, Snow and towing

Thank U

notanlines
12-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Jay, just by your signature showing a 4x4 you pretty much have the snow covered unless you are into the great outdoors like plowing through snow-covered fields in search of wild game or some such. That being said, I have always gotten the best service with Michelin's on my company trucks, but the very best miles came from two sets of Goodyears on my wife's Excursion. 92K on one set and 88K on the other set. As it got older (300K when it was traded) the miles per set dropped a little.

sourdough
12-11-2014, 12:22 PM
When trying to find the best tire for all around use you probably need to focus on what it is that you will be doing the most of. Then, you would probably want to pick a tire whose tread is biased in that direction. Some caveats:

>A full blown mud/snow/off road tire is not very good at towing and you will get terrible mileage out of the tires. Plus traction pulling on asphalt/wet asphalt leaves a lot to be desired.

>A tire designed for highway use, which would also be great for towing, will not give you as much traction in snow/mud but will give you more mileage.

I've had great luck with Goodyear Wranglers or B.F. Goodrich tires. Pick the tread pattern you want but stay somewhere in the less aggressive all terrain patterns. Michelin makes great tires as well and the only set of LTX AT/2s I had were great.

byrdr1
12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
2003 f-350 CC SRW 4X4 LB, just dropped over $1K on Michelins for it back in June.
These have always given me the best mileage and service. I have run several sets of off brand and never gotten the mileage that Michelins have given me, this will be my 3rd set of of them. I've had Toyo's(good tire got 40-45K out of them), some chinese brand that were pure junk(mileage wise about 20K) but the price was right at the time that had the Michelins look and tread pattern or close to it..Terra Grapplers got rid of them (with 500-600 miles on them)to noisey and rode rough.
Good luck on your choice,
randy

CWtheMan
12-11-2014, 03:38 PM
After having two sets of highway 5 rib design tires I went with a more aggressive tread for better traction. I thought they might be noisy and not last as long as the straight rib tires. However, I was wrong on both counts. I've had the GY Silent Armor for a little over 30,000 miles now and they are going to last much longer than the previous two sets. They are very durable and provide great traction in all road conditions. And, they are not noisy.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+SilentArmor

CW

bsmith0404
12-11-2014, 03:53 PM
I've run BFG A/Ts, Yokohama's (they didn't last long for the price), Firestone Destination, Goodyear Wrangler, Bridgestone TransForce, and Michelin LTX AT/2 and MS/2s. Liked the Michelins best for both wear and ride. The ATs were great, but they threw a lot of road debris around. The MS/2s aren't as aggressive and don't throw as much crap on the truck and trailer, but they have still provided enough traction to get me out of any situation I've been in and they're good for 70k miles. If you do some comparison shopping based on mileage warranty vs tire cost, the Michelins are about the cheapest per mile tire.

Desert185
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
I used Michelins a lot, and were very pleased with them, but I found I had a bit more traction in the snow with Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's. Can't go wrong with either tire.

Brantlaker
12-13-2014, 07:09 AM
I have used Michelins on my last 3 F250's and have gotten good mileage on them. I plowed with them on and used them on back country roads (dirt). No abnormal noise on the road. the tires I use are LTX M/S2 on my new F350 I had the dealer swap out the tires that came with it and replace them with those tires.

concours
12-13-2014, 08:16 AM
I have used BF Goodrich AT KO they are just OK in the snow but have no tread life I would not re purchase these tires

Jay D
12-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Thank U all I will be buying a new set in Jan
I will be looking over everyones choices/thoughts and then make my pick