PDA

View Full Version : How many BTU is my furnace?

bigbadbob17
12-07-2014, 04:20 PM
I did a search and could not locate the info, also checked the archive on the Keystone website but the brochure does not show how many BTU the furnace is. Anyone have a good resource or know what size of furnace they install?

2012 298BHSSR

Having low airflow in the 4 floor ducts down the middle of the trailer. I assume its a bad duct connection between the furnace and the main trunk. Furnace is under the fridge and the main duct about 3-4 feet from it down the middle of the floor. No ducts coming off the side of the furnace so I assume there is something coming off the bottom?

Thanks in advance!

spicercars
12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Usually the btu is marked on a tag on the inside of the furnace door. That's where mine is. Good luck.

bigbadbob17
12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Great , I will go out in the snow and have a look there. Thanks !!

hankpage
12-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I think the Springdale TTs use a 30K furnace. The bottom of the plenum is open to the duct in the floor. There should be side knock-out plates on the plenum that rotate to come off. Using a flashlight and a mirror check for obstructions. Do this at the nearest vent also. (you will need a #2 square drive screw driver to remove the 2 screws) I have had good luck in checking all the floor and ceiling vents this way and sealing poor fitting joints with metal duct tape. (do not use the cloth duct tape as it will come loose and cause more problems. There should be at least one flex duct connected to the side of the plenum ... 2 or 3 inch duct. If this has come off, most of the air flow will be going into the cabinets. Hope this helps, Hank
You may be surprised at the amount of construction debris you find in those ducts.

chuckster57
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
The furnaces that feed a floor vent have a thin fiber gasket that seals the unit to the duct work. I have found that piece of joy out of kilter and blocking the hole or the furnace framework not flush allowing the airflow to disappear under the floor.

I fix it with aluminum tape. Much better seal, and lasts a whole lot longer. Take the grate off under the fridge, and then remove the front cover off the furnace.

bigbadbob17
12-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info, took the front of the furnace off and saw one of the knock outs on the side was half off. Put that back and will put some aluminum tape on to hold it in place. Gasket looks good on the underside of the furnace so I will have to get out the mirror and check the floor vents for junk when it warms up and I can get the slide out of the way