PDA

View Full Version : HC Montana 305RL cargo hold door dimensions

johndeerefarmer
12-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Can someone give me the dimensions of the door opening on the cargo hold?
Also how far down into the opening does the door go? In other words how much space does it take away?

I am looking for the maximum height and width to see if I can put a heavy duty drawer slide and set my generator on it (Yamaha 4500W)

Thanks

gearhead
12-05-2014, 03:59 PM
It just got dark down here....I'll check it tomorrow. If you don't hear back, send me a personal message to remind me.

gearhead
12-06-2014, 08:24 AM
52" wide by 29" inches high, effective opening. But...the gas struts for the door are mounted about 14" from the bottom and angle inwards towards the top. They take from 1" to maybe 2" of width at the top. The door has about 1.5" lip on the bottom, plus the 2 latches stick up another 1". It has a 1.5" lip on the rear opening and a couple inches forward. I measured the curb side door.
Have you read my posts about the shower doors and the closet doors coming loose?

johndeerefarmer
12-06-2014, 08:29 AM
52" wide by 29" inches high, effective opening. But...the gas struts for the door are mounted about 14" from the bottom and angle inwards towards the top. They take from 1" to maybe 2" of width at the top. The door has about 1.5" lip on the bottom, plus the 2 latches stick up another 1". It has a 1.5" lip on the rear opening and a couple inches forward. I measured the curb side door.
Have you read my posts about the shower doors and the closet doors coming loose?

Thanks for the dimensions. Yes I saw the posts. Thanks for the warning.