PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis

pakuma
12-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Just got my new Maxxis tires. They ride more quietly and seemingly smoother than the China bombs.
Got them at my local Jeep dealer.
"bouncey:

notanlines
12-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Any idea where those tires were manufactured?

Festus2
12-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Maxxis tires are made in a variety of countries - including China. Maxxis has plants all over the world in Asia, the Middle East, North America and Europe.

The tires on our Cougar are Maxxis made in Thailand but pakuma's may be made elsewhere.

Desert185
12-01-2014, 06:23 PM
The ST Maxxis I just installed were made in Thailand.

pakuma
12-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Made in Thailand.

wahoonc
12-02-2014, 03:07 AM
Most of the trailer tires I have seen from Maxxis have been made in Thailand.

Aaron:cool:

notanlines
12-02-2014, 03:57 AM
I have to laugh when I read people's comments about staying away from tires made in China. I also went with Maxxis when getting new feet for our smaller toy hauler a few years ago. They lasted the same number of approximate miles as did the higher dollar Goodyear's that were on for a few years. I might also add that the "China bombs" that came on the trailer originally are still running, and in good shape, on our company utility trailer and believe me, they have been abused unmercifully. Keep in mind, according to Forbes, the average factory wage (for men, now) in China is $310 per month. That same factory wage (again, for men) in Thailand is $230 per month. Skill levels probably reflect that wage somewhat. Forbes didn't list the wages for women, and, knowing little about either country, they may not pay them at all.

fla-gypsy
12-09-2014, 01:45 PM
All Maxxis ST tires are made in Thailand and IMO they are superior to those made in mainland China. I have experience with Chinese tires and there is no comparison. As far as I'm concerned Maxxis makes the best ST tires available.