PDA

View Full Version : Larger fresh water tank

Marcusjolaine
11-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Looking for input or experience on increasing the size of the fresh water tank that is mounted under and to rear of the trailer. I found only one other post about this subject but this one was adding a tank.

Thanks in advance.

chuckster57
11-27-2014, 01:38 PM
You would have to measure the space where the tank would go and see if there is a tank that meets those dimensions. I can tell you from experience, the tank that's currently installed is probably about the biggest you can fit in that spot, and that is the reason most add another tank.

Marcusjolaine
11-27-2014, 07:38 PM
You would have to measure the space where the tank would go and see if there is a tank that meets those dimensions. I can tell you from experience, the tank that's currently installed is probably about the biggest you can fit in that spot, and that is the reason most add another tank.

Thank you for the input.

wahoonc
11-28-2014, 03:43 AM
How much additional capacity are you trying to add and why? I agree with the assessment that the largest tank that will fit the space is probably already in there. If you are boondocking/dry camping and you need more water capacity are your holding tanks going to be large enough? Kind of a chicken/egg situation. If we are going somewhere that I am going to need more water than my on board tank will hold I carry extra in the truck. I have carried it in 5 gallon cans (easier to handle) all the way up to a 100 gallon bladder with a 12 volt transfer pump.

Aaron:cool:

Larry1013
11-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Looking for input or experience on increasing the size of the fresh water tank that is mounted under and to rear of the trailer. I found only one other post about this subject but this one was adding a tank.

Thanks in advance.

Water is heavy. How much extra weight from water is too much? Water weights 8 pounds per gallon, so do some computations on the additional weight and where it is to be placed.