PDA

View Full Version : WasherDryer Hook ups

BPugs
11-23-2014, 07:57 AM
New 2015 Retreat 39FDEN will not be using the hookups for the washer & dryer and would like to know if anyone has removed or made unusable so accidents in that closet can't happen by someone opening the values?

Javi
11-23-2014, 08:09 AM
I plan on either capping or putting in shutoff valves where they branch off the main so I don't have to deal with them as we camp several time each winter and it is an unnecessary PIA to blow the water out of them.

BPugs
11-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the idea just took delivery of a 2015 Retreat 39FDEN so the water lines haven't been charged yet. But I will want to disconnect the two fixtures so no one can see what happens if they turn on. (Grandkids) When you do post the results I will do the same.

Desert185
11-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Just use hose end caps to screw on the water outlets. Done, but not disabled for future use. We use ours in the garage for a Splendide washer.

Javi
11-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Just use hose end caps to screw on the water outlets. Done, but not disabled for future use. We use ours in the garage for a Splendide washer.

I will "NEVER, NEVER" use them, but I will leave them in place (just disabled) for the next owner, if there is one.

I disabled the outdoor shower on my Passport for the same reason, we never used it and I got tired of having to remember to blow it clear of water every time we take the trailer out in the winter. I did that by putting a cutoff valve at the tee where the line split to go outside.

It remains to be seen if I block the outside shower on the 333MKS since it is in the same compartment as the FW connection and convenient when blowing out the lines.

BPugs
11-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks was thinking the same thing on the outdoor shower I think in all the unit we have had only once did the outside shower get used.