PDA

View Full Version : Keystone problem

easternmontanarvers
02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I note that other campers have the same problem that we are encountering with our 2009 Laredo. The linoleum has gone to pot. We have contacted Keystone with a response that the warranty ran out in August of 2009. Seems kind of strange. We have no extended warranty and our insurance company will not cover it. The dealer we bought it from has not responded as of yet. I filed a complain with the Better Business Bureau and am waiting for a response from them. Has anybody had any luck getting anything done on this? We really would like to get something done before camping season. Thanks everyone.

(Moderator's Note: This post previously appeared in the New Member Check In and moved to this category)

easternmontanarvers
02-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Keystone contacted us stating that they would not be able to help us on this matter. However, they would offer us $150 as a Good Will offering so we could buy new linoleum!! After talking with 2 dealerships, their repair departments would replace the linoleum, one for $100 per hour and the other$2500 total. That does not include the cost of the linoleum. Wow - now that really seem like a lot of money to put out for something that was due to poor quality linoleum. I guess we can be assured that Keystone is not proud of their product.

96Brigadier
02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
What does "gone to pot" mean? Can you describe what the problem with the lino is, maybe post a picture or two?

Bob Landry
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Go shopping ay Home Depot and find something you like. Look in Craigslist under Services and you can probably get it done for a fraction of what the dealership wants. probably really cheap if you have everything out of the way for the installers like dinette, furniture, etc. Actually, if I were going to keep the trailer, I'd lay a wood floor like Pergo and not even mess with sheet vinyl. It wouldn't cost that much to do a travel trailer. But then, I'm a handy man at heart. Actually, I'm cheap. I refuse to pay someone to do something I can do.

My new Outback is coming with wood-look linoleum and I really like the look of a wood floor. As far as tools all you need is a chop saw and a jig saw for cutting notches, etc. I really think it would be a fun project.

gbsb
02-21-2011, 04:34 PM
If waranty ran out in Aug. 2009 that was a year and a half ago Keystone doesn't have to do anything. Out of waranty that long I wouldn't expect anything. George